By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is GTA IV being hailed because its not Nintendo

Well, according to my sources some review sites have gotten payments for their scores. That´s what multiple indipendent sources told me.

On the other hand we don´t know how often that happens but one thing is clear: The gaming industry is splitting currently.

Expect some editorial about that some weeks or months down the road and in the meantime read the editorial by thekitchensink, it´s very good.

Around the Network

Louie (lu)

WHAT are ur sources ???

how do you know this ??

WHO are u ?

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Louie (lu)

WHAT are ur sources ???

how do you know this ??

WHO are u ?

Let´s say most of you know them but I can´t tell you names, sorry.

Why do people keep asking who I am? I work for this site since last July...

alexcatastrophe said:
I wonder if GTA IV got 10s on the wii would people be crying? Its also funny how most wii boys are like gta is not my type of game, yet you were all praising godfather a year ago and talking about how innovative the wiimote makes it.

With 4 posts I wonder how you know what "Wii boys" (don't you mean Marioboys btw) were doing over a year ago.

If you paid just as much attention to yesterdays thread you'd have seen that there are many Wii owners that are interested in GTA4.

Louie said:
libellule said:
Louie (lu)

WHAT are ur sources ???

how do you know this ??

WHO are u ?

Because you are not that embedded in the sites community than others. Hell I think I was pretty Unkown (inspite of 1000 posts) before my bot has hit da street ;)

Edit On Topic:

Whats up with that GTA 4 bashing? I mean, we wii owner get really good games latly, have fun with it. Is that not allowed for 360 or PS3 owners? Must be the top 10 of games really all Nintendo? It seems some people just want that!

Sorry, I am sure GTA 4 is the best GTA yet, and at least in the Top 5 of games in this generation, no matter how you look at it. Does it have to be #1? Maybe not, but its not like the game deserves to be a 8/10 and is getting 10/10. From what I have seen at least, it deservers to be get bought and played. And from what we can gather from owners, it is hell of fun to them. Whats the problem with that? 

Around the Network
Just_Ben said:
Louie said:
libellule said:
Louie (lu)

WHAT are ur sources ???

how do you know this ??

WHO are u ?

Because you are not that embedded in the sites community than others. Hell I think I was pretty Unkown (inspite of 1000 posts) before my bot has hit da street ;)

Yeah, I know... it´s just somewhat scary. Just yesterday people thought I was Chrizum, Crazzyman, Twesterm and "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???" (whoever that is).

Your bot is truly awesome, though.

Louie said:
Just_Ben said:
Louie said:
libellule said:
Louie (lu)

WHAT are ur sources ???

how do you know this ??

WHO are u ?

Yeah, I know... it´s just somewhat scary. Just yesterday people thought I was Chrizum, Crazzyman, Twesterm and "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU???" (whoever that is).

Hehe, who the hell are you now? I need clarification! :P And if you think my bot is now good, wait for version 2.0, that should blow you out of the water then *lol*

Louie said:
Just_Ben said:
Louie said:
libellule said:
Louie (lu)

WHAT are ur sources ???

how do you know this ??

WHO are u ?

==> funny Louie that u claim nobody knows you AND that, in the same time, U DONT RECOGNIZE ME

WHO ARE U = WHAT do you do in life that allow you to have "sources" as many people (99.99%) dont have their own sources.

EDIT : damn, I thought you were french !!!

But I m pretty sure I "know" you !

Time to Work !

Of course GTAIV is going to be somehow turned into a spear to throw at Nintendo. How could this in any way have been avoided. Even in the modest attempt to make a legitimate thread the OP knew this would come of his efforts sitting infront of his computer monitor half gleeful half horrified like a child watching the house burn down he just set fire too.

Had this game come to the Wii I would have been just as dissapointed to see such a "below 70 IQ" game do so well. Games like GTA only remind me of how crap like Halo 3 and the Madden can secure top ranking positions in the gaming culture where ever lowering standards and enforced masculine standards have become the norm. Thanks G4TV! Thanks Spike TV! Thanks every gaming magazine who lives out of the ass of the PS3/360. Games like this sell largely to gamers who desire only the most shallowly gratifying of simulated anarchy to satisfy their highschoolish need to play out their fantasy egos and burn or blow up things of value. Games like this are made cultural phenomenons by every prepubesent boy masquerading as a man who sees his video game console as not a device of recreation but rather an extension of his penis and freudian super ego.

I can only assure you my dissapoint for this game would have been the same if not greater to have seen it do as well on the Wii.

I absolutely love the GTA series, however, a 10? Does any game really deserve that? Yes, to the GTA aficionado the games sheer awesomeness overcomes it's shortcomings but it does have shortcomings. It's Rockstar so it is bound to be buggy at the very least. GTA has also never had the best control scheme in the world either, and I doubt it has changed (I'll find out this weekend). What I'm saying quite simply is I love GTA and I'm sure this game is gonna be among my favorites of all time, but, I'm positive that it does not deserve a 10, unless you happen to be blinded by its pure awesomeness. 

No game gets a ten, that would imply that it is perfect, clearly no game is.