By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Elixia (fitness studio in Norway) blames Wii Fit

A friend of mine just recently told me that Elixia (fitness studio) has lost 9% of their customers. They haven't lost them, but they have "taken a month off" meaning that they won't pay this week, but if they decide to start up again, they won't have to pay the start fee.

Under reasoning, almost all the "quitters" answered "other" on why they decided to quit (on a format). Under elaborate, more than 80% answered something containing "Wii Fit".

This all happened before Wii Fit even launched.

Elixia and other fitness studios are now frightened of what consequences Wii Fit may have. They have "bought"  a proffesional team that shall prove that Elixia and other studios are indeed more rewarding physically than Wii Fit. The report is due the day after tomorrow.

Around the Network

Of course professional services are going to be better than WiiFit, people are foolish to believe otherwise.

The fact that those places are losing business to WiiFit is hilarious and sad. 

You're from Norway?

But on topic, I heard about this. I believe the report is actually due tomorrow though, as this was announced yesterday.

This report is actually pretty serious, my paper stated that one of Norway's most important physical experts is the leader. Should be interesting to see the result.

Elixia isn't huge but it is pretty big, so 8% shouldn't mean about 10K, and maybe a 5-6K hardware boost just from fitness geeks.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I just read this and and can't help but laugh and be happy I own stock in nintendo.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

it's the fact that you can keep fit whilst enjoying yourself in the comfort of your own home, and not standing next to some olympic runner on the treadmill who is making you feel even worse than when you felt you needed to go to the gym in the first place, is why it's so appealing..

Around the Network

So that's why a representative of SATS was on a norwegian morning-show on Thusday badmouthing Wii Fit

Words Of Wisdom said:

Of course professional services are going to be better than WiiFit, people are foolish to believe otherwise.

The fact that those places are losing business to WiiFit is hilarious and sad.

Yeah, anyone thinking Wii Fit can replace a gym is either not using the gym for what it is actually for or just naive. Even Nintendo would tell you that.

You can buy fitness machines for your home. It might not be quite as nice as going to the gym to work out (depending on what you do), but you can do it. The question is whether or not you will and whether or not you'll be consistent.

Lifting weights is something that you almost cannot do as well at home, unless you invest a lot of money and space on equipment, because a good squat rack, for example, requires quite a bit of space. 

Cardio equipment, however, can fit it in a regular home easily.  Whether it is an elliptical machine, a cross trainer or a treadmill, etc, you could buy it and get the same experience you get at the gym, if you were disciplined enough.

Lol so by broadening their horizons Nintendo managed to tap into a brand new market like the 'virus' it is, which leads ino paranoia?

Does Wiifit even work?

If it's anything like Wiiboxing (when you first play it) then omg were gonna see a lot of Arnold's with 24inch arms runing around.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Lol, that's kinda funny, Wii fit taps into a new market...

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245