By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why GTA4 blows OoT our of the water.

rocketpig said:
I'm actually going to write an editorial about this over the weekend.

To put it bluntly, my viewpoint will be polar opposite to yours.

I look forward to it.

A the OP: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA keep thinking that.  OoT will be beat someday but not by this game. 

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
rocketpig said:
I'm actually going to write an editorial about this over the weekend.

To put it bluntly, my viewpoint will be polar opposite to yours.

Pointless if you have not played GTA 4,you have no bases to judge the game unless you only write up unsupported opinions and dont want to be taken serious.

Sigh... You're right. I'm not going to play the game. I don't have a copy of it. I'm not going to dedicate every free moment of the next 4 days to GTA IV.

Say... could I not hang out with you for the next four days and not watch you not dedicate your time to GTA4? ^_^

Maybe. It depends on if I'm not busy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

fazz said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Today is different. Spend any amount of money you want, and take any video/computer game you like, and there is nothing today that outshines GTA4.

And there is where your post lost all of it's credibility. You were doing right up to that point u_u

Comparing GTAIV with any PC game in the technical aspect is pointless, so let's go to the ratings. All of the PC games you compared with Ocarina of Time are rated lower. All of them. You compare them and talk about those game like if they where superior. Ok, no problem with that, but the same could be applied for GTAIV.

True, but there is no PC game with better voice acting, better character development, and better open world feel. I am not saying a better one could not be made on a PC, I am just saying none exist.

ssj12 said:
konnichiwa said:
Just bigger....

The differences are enormous, some really have to play it....

agreed, the differences between previous titles of the franchise and GTA4 are night and day.

So enormous that it seems they cannot be articulated.

Seriously, the only things that I've read this game has but previous GTA games don't is a good story and polish. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I think I just got a crush on Rocketpig.

Around the Network

Another way to say it (if I am being unclear).

We get posts on this site all the time that say "I just bought a Wii, what games should I get".

never do I hear "If you have never played OoT, that is the only game you should be thinking of right now" or something like that. I hear TP,MP,SMG, SSBB, MK, RE, NHM....

If OoT is better then all those games, why is it never recommended?

TheRealMafoo said:
WiiStation360 said:
Just out of curiosity, how many hours of GTA4 did you play before you anointed it the "best game ever"?

I don't want to give anything away, but I was at a point in the story where I could not believe I was playing a game. It was like being part of an epic story... a movie... not sure how to explain it, but it was cooler then anything I have experienced in a while in video games.

(In a while, i mean like 20 years)

I am about 6 hours or so into it. I have done a lot of side stuff too. You get a good connection to the characters in the game. You can go see a show, play some pool. Throw darts. Just hang out with the people. Over time, they get personalities. Then when things happen to them, it's a much bigger impact then most video games.

Everyone cries when they see old yeller die at the end of the movie. Most people don't die if they hear a dog got hit by a car. That feeling too two hours to convey in a movie. GTA4 does much the same thing. Better then any game I have played before it actually.

I strongly disagree with this, and what was so epic? omg he got betrayed by dimitri, how the hell did you not see that coming? and he burned down some things, I really do not think it was that epic or emotional, Mass effect was a lot better in that aspect.

famousringo said:
ssj12 said:
konnichiwa said:
Just bigger....

The differences are enormous, some really have to play it....

agreed, the differences between previous titles of the franchise and GTA4 are night and day.

So enormous that it seems they cannot be articulated.

Seriously, the only things that I've read this game has but previous GTA games don't is a good story and polish. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.

That was a low jab, but you are correct. To be fair, GTA 4 also got online play.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

dude crack me up, and in ten years GTA4 will look and play dated, considering there are games that already look better then it on the systems so for that reason alone it cant beat OoT b/c that is the reason your faulting OoT......LOL

TheRealMafoo said:
Viper1 said:
You claim GTAIV is better because if you launched OoT today it would pale? Mafoo, tell me this is a joke thread.

I don't live in the past. I love football, but my favorite team from the 1970's (my favorite team of all time), would lose by 50 points if they played a collage team today.

Things get better. Video games have gotten better.

I can look back at games like Madden when I first saw it in 1988, and remember how much fun it was, or Wizardry in 1981. Those games are still very much dear to me. But as a game, put up against every game available to us today, they would be an utter joke.

I am probably the only one with this point of view, but oh well :) 

Not relevant.  How many times has the greatest "insert item here" been of previous generations?   Greatest movie most certainly isn't the shit we get today.   To use your football reference is the greatest Running Back of all time playing today?

The rEVOLution is not being televised