By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why GTA4 blows OoT our of the water.

Viper1 said:
You claim GTAIV is better because if you launched OoT today it would pale? Mafoo, tell me this is a joke thread.

I don't live in the past. I love football, but my favorite team from the 1970's (my favorite team of all time), would lose by 50 points if they played a collage team today.

Things get better. Video games have gotten better.

I can look back at games like Madden when I first saw it in 1988, and remember how much fun it was, or Wizardry in 1981. Those games are still very much dear to me. But as a game, put up against every game available to us today, they would be an utter joke.

I am probably the only one with this point of view, but oh well :) 

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Just bigger....

The differences are enormous, some really have to play it....

agreed, the differences between previous titles of the franchise and GTA4 are night and day.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

TheRealMafoo said:

Most games today, even middle of the road games, outshine OoT today.

Goodbye credibility

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Viper1 said:
You claim GTAIV is better because if you launched OoT today it would pale? Mafoo, tell me this is a joke thread.

Read the whole thing.............-_-

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

ssj12 said:
konnichiwa said:
Just bigger....

agreed, the differences between previous titles of the franchise and GTA4 are night and day.

It's not a sandbox game where you steal cars and shoot at people with guns?

Well if that's the case I might just pick it up... for the PC.

Around the Network

Just out of curiosity, how many hours of GTA4 did you play before you anointed it the "best game ever"?

I do not care for GTA -- I don't like being the bad guy (so I don't plan on getting SW Unleashed either) and I don't have a PS3 or 360.

However, I am glad to hear that it seems like this title is living up to expectations. There are a lot of excited people about this game. And if it is this good it will raise the bar for all games and gamers. Thus, even if this is not the game for me, the ones that follow it should be striving to be better.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Yes, GTA blows ...
Sure OoT is over rated, but nowhere near GTA.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Words Of Wisdom said:
ssj12 said:
konnichiwa said:
Just bigger....

It's not a sandbox game where you steal cars and shoot at people with guns?

Well if that's the case I might just pick it up... for the PC.

6 hours into it, I have stole 3 cars, and killed 6 people. All criminals. That's less people dead then 5 min of MGO, or CoD4.

P.S. Most of those MGO deaths are sadly my own :p 

rocketpig said:
I'm actually going to write an editorial about this over the weekend.

To put it bluntly, my viewpoint will be polar opposite to yours.

Pointless if you have not played GTA 4,you have no bases to judge the game on unless you only write up unsupported opinions and dont want to be taken serious.