By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - M-Create 5/21-5/27

Better Yettter yet, here are a few games with some "legs" since many think that every 360 game drops like a rock 100% of the time. Many do, but many do not. These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.  

Name (Country) Opening Week Current Total(s) Multiplier
 Blue Dragon (J) 83,086 187,662 2.25+
 Dead Rising (J) 21,922 66,914 3.05+
 Oblivion ~350,000 1,120,792 3.20+
 Fight Night Rnd 3 ~175,000 937,008 5.35+
 Project Gotham Racing 3 96,000 (2wk) 525,000(est)+ 5.46+
 Call of Duty 2 275,000 (2wk) 1,300,000(est)+ 4.72+
 Rainbow Six Vegas ~250,000 (o/m) 929,902 3.71+

In the case of every game, except for Dead Rising, are still increasing in their respective charts. FNR3, Oblivion, RSV are top 50 US still, BD is top 200. PGR3 is near dead, and DR is too.

Now, I'l create a bigger/better chart at some point soon. Sufficive to say, most games are around 2.0~2.3 typically. Why'd I include BD when it's 2.25? Primarily because it's an RPG, and very few, save a few Nintendo titles, end up with 2+ multiplier, and BD is increasing (I expect it to get a boost during TB week).

You know what, I'm gonna put together a X360 mutiplier chart sometime Saturday so we can get a good idea on what typical multipliers are for various games.

Edit: I didn't see your post till I wrote all of this.

For Western games multiplier in Japan, I agree on a broad scale. Even GTA:SA in Japan sucked on legs.

The one game that I found that had some decent legs (although not perfect): PGR 3, ironically. It was near a 2.5 Multiplier.

If Forza had the same multiplier, it would end up around 36,000 units.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

i realize that 360 games have legs in america, and i realize that japanese style games sometimes have legs in Japan, but western style games don't. Look at the Tom Clancy games, Halo 1/2 (i know it's regular xbox), Gears of War. You can't compare a game like forza to Blue Dragon or Dead Rising that are created by Japanese developers. I'll give you a good example and that is ridge racer 6 which sold 33% in it's first week, but again that's a popular Japanese style game.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i see your edit, nice post stickball.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Famitsu had Forza 2 at about 10k too, strange. Must've been a lot of variation across different retailers or something.

That or MC is counting sales from Amazon.jp or some other stores that might of sold better, vs the ones Famitsu had. ioi edited the data, and put it at in the middle of MC and Famitsu data, which seems plausible.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.