By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - M-Create 5/21-5/27

FFXII RW isnt a very very good game for what I have heard .I dont have any proof ,its only some opinions I have heard here and there about people who got grip with the japanese version .All battles ,few story ....thats what I heard ...maybe because of that it wont sell as much as the others.

Around the Network

Revenant Wings, from what I've heard, is more of an RTS game than an RPG, and those don't go over nearly as well in Japan. (Blame Square-Enix on this one, bad design choice)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

FFXII RW is yet more watered down kiddie pap from Square Enix for the DS.

It won't be long before they learn their lesson though.  Heroes of Mana is the same, and that just bombed. 

At least FFXII RW had some strong initial sales before tidal waves of the game hit the second hand market... 

I wonder if they are going to seriously re-think DQIX?

PSN - hanafuda

Is DQIX going to be an RTS-ish game too?

DQIX tops all Japanese most wanted lists so don't worry about it. I bet it ends as the best selling DS game yet.

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
Revenant Wings, from what I've heard, is more of an RTS game than an RPG, and those don't go over nearly as well in Japan. (Blame Square-Enix on this one, bad design choice)

It's indeed a real strategy game, personally I love it, in the beginning I thought it would be the same crap as FFIII which I very much dislike, but as soon as I could enter the world map and got the hang of the battles I really started to enjoy the game. I like strategy better then the random encounter / turn based RPG games like FFIII.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

hanafuda said:

FFXII RW is yet more watered down kiddie pap from Square Enix for the DS.

It won't be long before they learn their lesson though.  Heroes of Mana is the same, and that just bombed. 

At least FFXII RW had some strong initial sales before tidal waves of the game hit the second hand market... 

I wonder if they are going to seriously re-think DQIX?

DQIX is NOT developed by SE but by Level 5, SE is only the owner of DQ and the publisher in this case, and the question by others, no the game is not a RTS but a Turn Based RPG game without the random encounters, luckily!!

And FFII RW was also in the top of Famitsu most wanted for several weeks, but being in the top of most wanted doesn't guaranteed to be succesful with sales...

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

mrstickball said:
Very suprising for Forza 2 being #11 in the MC Charts. That'd show it getting *around* 17.5k sales, give or take 500 units. . . Thats nearly 50% off from VGChartz's numbers. Thats a HUGE freakin' difference! Why the discrepancy? Ouedan 2 dropped like a rock - supply issues or no demand?

It's the same reason that keeps substracting sales numbers from the 360 Europe sales - Absolute hate towards the 360!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

WiiGirl76 said:

DQIX is NOT developed by SE but by Level 5, SE is only the owner of DQ and the publisher in this case, and the question by others, no the game is not a RTS but a Turn Based RPG game without the random encounters, luckily!!

And FFII RW was also in the top of Famitsu most wanted for several weeks, but being in the top of most wanted doesn't guaranteed to be succesful with sales...

Famitsu most wanted may not mean much. But DQ IIX is still the highest selling PS2 game,  I think Sales success is a guarantee at this point.

Did Mcreate give hardware numbers too? It'd be interesting to see their 360 numbers. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

M-Create hardware numbers are usually released Thursday around 10pm EST.