By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do Wii-only owners feel about GTA4?

*On the outside Smeags seems composed and ready to take on the world, yet on the inside his heart years for the grandiosity that is Grand Theft Auto IV.*

Anywho... GTA has never been my cup of tea. I'll be around a 360 this summer and I'll most likely get in some play time, but I do prefer more straightforward and linear titles than what GTA offers me.

Heck, there's still games on Wii that I can't get to get my grubby little paws on, like Okami, Boom Blox, and Mario Kart. And of course, I'll be destroying hardcore gaming as we know it when I buy Wii Fit. Woe is me!

Around the Network

I'm not bothered that it is not on the Wii. Yes it is an amazing game (I imagine) but not worth the money of a new console. (especially as I play games on a 15inch portable thing that is about 12 years old)

by the time it comes out on the PC I might be in need of a new laptop/PC, so I will get it then.

I would want it on the Wii. The graphics have not been so great that I think it is physically impossible to make on Wii. Maybe size limitations or overall character/action due to how expansive the game is, but I don't think the graphics are undo-able. At least not from what I have seen on many youtube videos.

Then if the controls were anything like Godfather, the Wii version would be the definitive version.

I will probably get the PC version when it is released.

I've been planning on grabbing a 360 eventually for a while now. This just makes me want to jump on it sooner than I planned.

It is good to see that finally a highly rated game isn't getting trashed by the people here who go around blathering "Games don't deserve a 10, no game is good enough". Maybe we're finally past that.

I couldn't care less about GTA IV not being on Wii. I also do not care at all about Halo 3 or any of those other FPS games.

There are other types of gamers out there. The only games that I really like to play are RPGs, strategy games, and some Nintendo games.  

Around the Network
Explosivo said:
It looks great, I've played some of the previous games on my PC and I hope that GTA4 gets it's PC release soon.

But no, I wouldn't want a Wii port, it would look like San Andreas at best and some how I think the controls wouldn't fit that well.

You need to buy Godfather Blackhand. Wii controls for a sandbox style game are by far better than dual analog controllers. It really isn't even a comparison.

I don't care about the game. I was pretty fed up with the GTA franchise after GTA:VC (because I didn't play 3 first). After playing through the entire game of VC, the later GTA games have yet to give any additional interest to me. I will probably play it in the future, but its not a game I'm going to go out and buy myself (and I have a 360).

at the moment i am a wii only owner... because thats all i play. but i will reclaim my 360 which i lent to a friend in order to play this game, so then i become a wii360 gamer! Yay, can't be asked to unpack the ps3 for it though... i want the downloadable content

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Words Of Wisdom said:

No effect IMO.

I'd rather have Valkyria Chronicles for the Wii than GTA4.

This. Or some other RPG on the next gen consoles, like Star Ocean or Eternal Sonata.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Threatened.

Now we will see the Xbox360 and PS3 in a sales and support boost.

Nintendomination will be severely staggered. Ouch.

I really hope Nintendo shows something on E3 and releases later this year that will be at least as big as GTAIV to counterstrike.

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.