By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do Wii-only owners feel about GTA4?

alpha_dk said:
If i hear from my friends that it improves significantly on Vice City, i'll pick it up for PC. If not, I'll stick with VC. Didn't much like SA.

Right there with you.   VC was great but I'm in Florida so I may have some bias.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

even if i have a Wii and Ps3, GTA IV is not my style of gaming......

i prefer happy games!! ;p

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

trestres said:
I thank God I will never play a GTA game again, as I said in all my previous posts about the game. I feel this is so overrated, and it worries me a lot this game will be the top rated of all time.

I dont know if R* has paid an amount of money to every website around, cause scoring 100% on every review is ridiculous.

This game doesnt innovate, it just enhances the same gaming experience. I would surely hope MGS4 or another game could get this honour but not a game like GTA.

Spoken like someone who hasn't played the game.

Before you call it overrated, at least play it...

Please.

I have all three consoles but it doesnt matter GTA isnt my type of game period

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

WTF? I can't even go to the Nintendo forum without finding a GTA thread? Damn it!

*storms off*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Not really... GTA just isn't the type of game I like to play.

Well, I only think: 450€ for only one game? Not a chance. If it comes to the pc, ok, i take it. If not, well, then the ps3 has to get way cheaper and i pick it up.

DMeisterJ said:
I cried for Wii owners this morning.

If you haven't played this game, you've missed a milestone in open-world gaming, matter of fact, you've missed a milestone in gaming period.

This game is full of epic-win.
I was Wii only until about 2 weeks ago when I picked up an elite for GTA and and became addicted to zuma. I picked up GTA at midnight and played til 4am it is an amazing game so far basicly anybody that likes games should play this. DMeisterJ sums it up well full of epic-win

"They think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!"

"Bolshe, luchshe, I kruche"

LNRT said:
I am perfectly content with my nintendo games. If my roommate gets it for his 360 I might try it out but I don't want them to make it for the wii.

You know, I got a 360 this weekend to compliment my Wii.  I've got a ton of Wii games that I loved, so I assumed that the 360 would have a ton of games that I'd love, or at least like.  I even had a buddy bring 40 of his best xbox 360 games over for the weekend.

There are a few games on the 360 that I'd like.  Rainbow Six Vegas 2.  I'd sort of like Forza 2, but you can get that for $10.  GTA 4 looks like it will be very fun for a while, but it will be forgotten way before we stop using Mario Kart Wii on a regular basis.

I'm not sad that I got a 360.  The 360 + extra controller were only $400, and my special lady loves Viva Pinata, but there isn't a lot else that we've been able to find that aren't shooters/sports games.

Despite the fact that I've never been a huge GTA fan, the reviews of this game must mean something.

I wouldn't want it for my Wii -- the different consoles have different strengths, and I don't think that this game would play to Wii's.

This one game won't make me get another console, but I'll revisit the topic in a year and a half or so; series where I've loved the past entries, like MGS, FF, & RE are far more likely to get me to invest more money in hardware than GTA. That said, should I ever get a PS360, I think I'd be foolish not to try GTA4 out, just because of it's place in the culture and the insane scores its racked up.