By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Cuts Xbox 360 Prices in Four Asian Markets

eliasg said:
BKK2 said:
My region, maybe I'll pick up a 360 soon. How is the reliability now?

Microsoft used to impose worldwide price cuts, but have now given responsibility for different regions to decide pricing themselves. The weak dollar has helped bring the price down in Europe and Asia, but won't help with a US price cut.

360 has about 7-10% failure rates from FALCON. Very good if you compare it with XENON 30%.

My opinion is to wait until Jasper chip is out in august (GPU and CPU 65 nm). The failure rates will reduced to nil!!!

Thanks, that's not too bad. The only reason I worry is that 360 isn't released here, the shops import them from Korea, but if it fails it's a lot of hassle. If I could simply send it back to MS it wouldn't be a problem.

Around the Network

Microsoft is cutting 360 price, but Sony increases PS3 40GB price recently by S$50 here (around $38). WTF is Sony trying to do in Asia?

They did the same in HK, it's due to exchange rates. Sony/Nintendo work in Yen, Microsoft in dollars.

Now it's time to cut the price in Australia Microsoft. You know? That country that remains the only sizable nation NOT to receive a price cut out of the PAL region?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Now it's time to cut the price in Australia Microsoft. You know? That country that remains the only sizable nation NOT to receive a price cut out of the PAL region?

Finger's crossed that us Aussies will get the price cut within the next few weeks ... i mean we pay a premium price for 360 compared to Europe AND Asia now ...which is preety bad considering they pay more than the US ...