By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Chronicles give a 4.2 for MK wii

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

"I had just come off a 5-hour Mario Kart session"

I that means he based this review on a total of 5 hours playtime it shows the quality of the review...

Didn't you know? Wii games are designed to be reviewed in short bursts of playtime.

Yes, and then to never be touched again, just like the virus we all know as Wii

Around the Network

His points are valid but the score is too low.

I saw this earlier and was instantly filled with rage. The guy's obviously a scrub.

Hahaha, hilarious! I love these joke reviews.

Oh wait, you were serious?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

This review is hilarious, he claims it doesn't matter which character you choose, as it only matters what vehicle you choose, not knowing the available vehicles depend on which character you choose.

Every above-average player knows luck is only a part of the formula, when you got skill, you'll probably win most of the time. He also seems to base his score entirely on the grand-prix, which I'd say is only 10% of the game.

It's kind of obvious he was frustrated after his little play session, and scored the game accordingly.

Around the Network

I'm not even going to read it.

that was the most absurd review ever. first the title of this thread says 4.2 so i'm expecting the review to tear the game up. but instead he basically says the game is awesome except its too hard. hard is good!! it seems like the big complaint about most nintendo games these days is that they are too easy. if anything greater difficulty should boost the score. its just sad that he gave mario kart a ridiculous score of 42% simply because he's not good enough at the game to dominate it after only playing it for a few hours. shouldn't it be the other way around, if he can easily get first on 150cc after just a few hours that would be lame. i agree it can be unbalanced (just like DD) but thats mostly because theres 11 other karts out there, making it harder.

i just got the game yesterday and played through the 16 new tracks on 50cc. i'll have to play it some more and play on 150cc to get a better feel for it. but so far i'm not a fan of the items, i feel like that aspect of the game took a step back from DD, mostly because they took out the specials for the characters which was one of the best additions about DD. besides that the graphics are great, a decent improvement over double dash. all the stuff they added seems great: the online, 12 racers, 32 tracks, motorcycles, etc.

but my main gripe is while they added tons of stuff they took out some very important things. i already stated the special items, but also what the heck happened to 2player grand prix? thats a HUGE mistake on nintendo's part. thats gonna take out a ton of replay value for me and that alone will keep this game from being my favorite mario kart.

i hoping some good stuff opens from the unlockables, hopefully there is allcup in there again, if not that will also be a bit disappointing. finally for the battle mode, why is it only in teams? that doesn't make any sense at all. and also they took out the shine battle mode and the bomb one too, both of those were awesome. they took those two fun modes and just added in a coin collect battle mode. i haven't played it yet but even if its great thats taking out two great modes just to add in one.

so far the game was pretty fun but i'm sure it'll get way better once i unlock stuff and especially once i start playing on 150cc. the wheel was decent, but i'll have to give it some more practice to see how good it gets. but taking out crucial things like specials, two player grandprix, and a couple other things stated above really make nintendo's goal for this game confusing. they add in lots of new great stuff but then take out lots of already established things that make the franchise great and they do so for no reason at all.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Maybe in the Mario Kart realm, this game could be a 4.2(I highly disagree, though).
However, overall, the game is a solid 8.

In other words, even the worst Mario Kart is still better than just about every other Kart Racing game out there.

I love how people either give 10!!! to these games or low reviews like this. Anyone giving this game a 9 or a 10 is a fanboy of nintendo or a HUGE mario kart fan as its really not that great. And Anyone going lower than 6 hates himself and the world...solid 7.5/10 for me.

Ok I decided to read it.

He only really has 1 complaint about the game, that being the AI bots in GP mode.

The fact it took him over an hour to do 1 GP on 150cc proves he is terrible at the game and should get better, the bit where he was hit by a red shell then green shell is rather suspicious for his supposed "quarter lap lead" I mean first he should be protecting himself from red shells and if not possible then ok but getting hit by a green shell with a quarter lap lead? I half bet it was his own shell he fired out of stupidity.

The AI in 150cc/mirror are far less brutal than real opponents because they don't have many tactics, you are lucky if you get hit by 3-4 things at once because it lessens the damage (blue shell plus POW plus lightning seperate are far worse than together)

To simply get a gold medal you won't be brought down by bad luck more than 1-2 times (which certainly won't add to an hour) with each GP there were only 5 out of 32 I had to do twice to get a gold (none 3 times). And I don't see that as a problem.

This reviewer is an asshole with a grudge.