By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I beat Rolstoppable in Mario Kart Wii

3:1.

That´s it.

When I turned my Wii on I was ready to get my ass kicked. Okay, honestly, I knew I wasn´t that bad but against Roland? Okay, that´s how things went:

1) Mario´s raceway: The first race was an easy victory, to be honest, which was quite surprising - Rol was good but most of the time I was number one. Quite a fair race, good job, Rol!

2) Dessert (DS): The second race wasn´t that easy anymore - Rol suddenly kicked my ass, and I was at least 3 seconds behind him in the end. That´s when I was getting nervous - and I thought I´d win that one with ease as I own the DS version.

3) Wario´s Goldmine: Number three was a hard fight but I always liked this track. We were going head to head for the first lap and a half, when I managed to bounce Rol off the track at the big jump. He was able to close the gap with the help of a blue shell and I suspect he got a mushroom or two as well. In the end it was a really close finish.

4) Rainbow Boulevard: Damn, I never like that one. I fell of the track during the first lap (at the part with the ramps (the one that looks like an "8")) and another time when the track splits again close to the end of the track. I was quite sure everything was lost at that point. But I was actually closing the gap to Rol and got him about 2 seconds before he finished.

All in all it was great, we didn´t experience any lag at all and Roland really is one of the best Mario Kart players I´ve ever seen.

Thumbs up, Rol - what a rush!

Around the Network

Did you really play against rol and won? friendcode?:P

mkws1234 said:
Did you really play against rol and won? friendcode?:P

Sorry I won´t post my friendcode here if it´s not necesary. I just don´t feel good at such things.

Ask Roland if you want, it was somewhat of an official competition because of the Street Fighter IV thread.  

Hehe, his name fits him pretty well - RolStoppable

Guess I stopped him, didn´t I? 

Rol, where are you? Too ashamed of your loss?  

Louie said:

Hehe, his name fits him pretty well - RolStoppable

Guess I stopped him, didn´t I?

Rol, where are you? Too ashamed of your loss?

Rol... say it ain't so.

win doesnt exist until we see pictures.

or rol confesses and bows to the greatness that is Baden.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I wanted to post the link in the Street Fighter IV thread but it´s locked now.

I guess he is typing some (lengthy?) excuses right now.

No honestly he´s pretty good.

Faxanadu said:
win doesnt exist until we see pictures.

or rol confesses and bows to the greatness that is
Baden.

Fixed ;)

@ faxandu
BADEN ???

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

^
See?

RolStoppable said:

Yeah, of course, as if losing against a German wasn't bad enough, I should have expected a thread like this to happen. You were as lucky as someone can possibly get in Mario Kart Wii.

1) Mario´s raceway: The first race was an easy victory, to be honest, which was quite surprising - Rol was good but most of the time I was number one. Quite a fair race, good job, Rol!

Thanks for nothing. The reason why you won the first race so easily was because the batteries in my Wiimote went empty during the first lap. Sure, the game always gives you a warning that the batteries are low when starting the game, but I expected them to last for at least these four races we were going to play. Switching them did cost me a few seconds. No wonder you won that easily and led for most of the race.

On track two I didn't face any outside problems and the final turns of that track are something in which I can really gain a lot of time. So no problems for me to win that race.

Wario's Goldmine was just stupid. I am starting to think that it is a common tactic of Germans to bounce me off the track at that large jump (Just_Ben did exactly the same last week).

Rainbow Road was plain horrible. Having such a huge lead after lap one and then so much bad luck. Your goddamn blue shell hit me just while I was shortcutting over the holes in the first part of the track where it splits. But I can't believe you got another one of these annoying things in the final lap and hit me close before the finish line.

It's true what they say about the Germans. Their three biggest strengths are luck, good fortune and more luck.

at least now I know who are the worthy oponents. definitely not the ones with empty batteries.

@koopa: schau mal louies profil an. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.