By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Video showing 360vsps3 gta

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/grand-theft-auto-iv/news/gta-iv-360-vs-ps3/a-2008042812150303074/g-2006051014323586065

''We’ve played both console versions of GTA IV, and took the following video from the opening scene. We captured the raw video in uncompressed 720p, with no post-processing to either stream. Shown side-by-side, it’s quite difficult to tell the difference between the two versions. Only a highly trained eye can see the subtle shifts in color, the minor variations in shadow detail. Our conclusion: buy the one for the console you own. If you’re lucky enough to have both in your living room, your decision will have to be based on whether or not you want to pay Microsoft for Extra Content. The barely perceptible difference will have zero impact on your enjoyment of the game.''

There you have it. Looked kind of dark to me but the best Ive found so far.

Around the Network

Yikes... what a horrible video!

The write up was a joke... right??? Or am I missing something?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Spoiler alert next time please.

The PS3 version barely looks any better in that video, by a different shade of color, but there is an IGN comparison I will post, and it seems the PS3 version has the noticable edge.

mM

you can't tell anything from that video.

Around the Network

i don't think you can compare the levels of anti-aliasing with a downscaled video, and the anti-aliasing in the ps3 version seems to be one of the main differences between the versions

Who cares about the PS3 vs 360 here, hearing Niko say "big titties" in his Russian accent made me laugh and forget how shitty of a morning I had today.

wow that video is worthless

great video

IllegalPaladin said:
Who cares about the PS3 vs 360 here, hearing Niko say "big titties" in his Russian accent made me laugh and forget how shitty of a morning I had today.

I can't help it... Serbian accent, not Russian. He's a veteran of the wars in Bosnia.