By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4 platforms confirmed: No Wii and DS

Don't worry guys! It must be true! It has a completely legitimate link!!!
...Hey, wait.

Also, no mention of the Arcade version? Come on. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

The link is correct, only the site seems to be down at the moment. I just read through it, it´s vaild.

As I said, this was obvious. Street Fighter isn´t that popular anymore, they can´t afford to port the game to Wii and DS and get only a small bunch of sales out of it.

well, there are soooo many great games for Wii, who cares about old fashioned Street Fighter, even though it would be nice to play it on Wii!!

btw, Ps2 can handle "the features" where Wii cannot?? for god's sake, making Ps2 version instead of Wii is very stupid... :p

what features is he talking about??
the game has nothing!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Well thats stupid saying the Wii and DS cannot handle the graphics yet they porting it to the PS2 and PSP it doesnt make any sense unless the ps2 ad psp are getting completely different versions. Its sounds really fake

Louie said:
The link is correct, only the site seems to be down at the moment. I just read through it, it´s vaild.

As I said, this was obvious. Street Fighter isn´t that popular anymore, they can´t afford to port the gam to Wii and DS and get only a small bunch of sales out of it.

So they can port it to PS2 and PSP but not Wii?  It just doesn't make any sense at all, and you're completely wrong if you think they couldn't get the sales to pay for the port, they would get much much more than that.  That's just a silly argument.  If they didn't have PS2 or PSP on there I could understand, but if you're making a PS2 and PSP version the Wii version would be very cheap to make.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

PS2 but no Wii makes no sense. Fake.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Lets face it. Wii has Brawl. Capcom realizes there's just no possible way for them to compete with that, so they aren't even bothering

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

is this an exclusive story for this NZ website? I can't seem to find it anywhere else on the internet.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Leni said:
well, there are soooo many great games for Wii, who cares about old fashioned Street Fighter, even though it would be nice to play it on Wii!!

btw, Ps2 can handle "the features" where Wii cannot?? for god's sake, making Ps2 version instead of Wii is very stupid... :p

the game has nothing!!

I'll take old fashion Street Fighter over almost every single great Wii game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Leni said:

the game has nothing!!

I'll take old fashion Street Fighter over almost every single great Wii game.

I agree (except for SSBB which beats old-school SF in my opinion).