By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official GTA IV Thread

My PS3 keeps locking up after playing this game for a little while and so are many others (and a lot of Blu Rays are packing up altogether)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_NOREF/ref=cm_cd_dp_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3AJYVU1NCUW0N&asin=B000E6HH74&store=videogames&cdThread=Tx2B7T9I6REMQI7

Online is just a joke when I can actually connect.

I will be getting a 360 just so I can actually get to play this game properly..(and get hold of the extra content later)..

Around the Network

man you guys really got a good game! 6 mill in 5 days, thats amazing! ssj U were fully right! so much for my 4.5 mill. The fans are what made thoes sales so I want to congratulate all of you!!! its gonna take one whopping game to top that so I don't think we should expect anything to beat GTA in the next 10+ or so years! your record is secure ;)

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

zander said:

My PS3 keeps locking up after playing this game for a little while and so are many others (and a lot of Blu Rays are packing up altogether)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_NOREF/ref=cm_cd_dp_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3AJYVU1NCUW0N&asin=B000E6HH74&store=videogames&cdThread=Tx2B7T9I6REMQI7

Online is just a joke when I can actually connect.

I will be getting a 360 just so I can actually get to play this game properly..(and get hold of the extra content later)..

Hey guys i registered here just say that my 360 RRoD'd and so I'm buying a PS3!  Join me!

/FUD 

amazing launch!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=137829&page=1

Xbox360 - Up to 18% faster framerate, 20% more textures, pop in not so much an issue to them and PS3 filters are the difference between the look, but Xbox360 is technically better.

Tease.

Around the Network

I have GTAIV, have completed 25% of the game's story and I don't know why or how it much superior to the PS2 iterations of GTA. I can see there are more production values in IV and the game is more inmerssive than the previous ones! but...

At least on VC and SA you could buy properties and save your favorite cars! They've taken out many good things from the PS2 era!

Missions on IV are good as always, but the ones on previous GTAs are more varied and IMO just more fun.

IV plays really much like every other 3D GTA there isn't really a big step forward in gameplay (well cars are harder to handle wich although is more realistic it can be annoying, and you can die too easily).

Metroid Prime 3 got less points because it was too much like previous iterations of MP. So why there are so many 10s for a game that is much alike the previous ones?? Sure the story is great! the game is hilarious but a TEN??

Am I missing something?? is the 75% of the game I have yet to pass through that super mega hyper great??

PS: I'm not saying GTAIV is short of great, i'm having a blast with it and I can't stop laughing sometimes, it sure deserves more than 9, but a 10, IMO, not at all...

Thank you all for posting your opinions here. It's really annoying to have to read "OMG, GTA IV SUCKS!" every day, several times a day, in the hot topic section. I know that this thread may be a garbage dump for opinions and people likely won't respond to yours, but hey, we need space on the front page for interesting things, not people's complaints.

Thanks.

First of all, I'm putting this here because MontanaHatchet asked me to, and I'm honoring that because I understand it's to keep down the thread clutter about that game.

(And I knew there would be a backlash, but "It sucks" posts every day? WTF.)

Second, despite what some assumed, I am not a Nintendo fanboy, who's been hating on GTA IV,* and this is proof that...

I love the Grand Theft Auto series!

Also this shows that I have PS2 games, and therefore a PS2 (can post a pic of that, if you ask), but the point is that I have ALL FIVE of the PS2 GTA games (couldn't get into the top-down-view ones).

This brings us to why I was sold on Grand Thef Auto 4 a while ago. It's a refinement of a series I already love.

How could I be hating on that?

Then again, some of you may not know what I mean by refined sequel, so I'm going to explain that.

I consider a refined sequel to be the happy medium between a rehash sequel and a revolutionary sequel.

The "medium" part being between developers and gamers. A rehash is of course easiest on developers, but it can make consumers feel as though they are paying for the same game again. A revolutionary sequel is like a whole new experience for consumers, but would take a lot of creative effort, often when it's unnecessary.

The main Final Fantasy series likes to change things a bit with almost every sequel, but it's one of the few series to do this. The fact that, the creative team is constantly switched, helps.

Anyway, the best alternative to trying to shake up a winning formula is of course to prune and polish the formula. And even without playing GTA IV, the knowledge that it's simply a bigger, better version of the PS2 GTA games is fine enough for me.

The only question for me is where on the refinment scale it goes to. I like Twilight Princess, but I admit it's on the low end of refinment, as it's basically a bigger, better Ocarina of Time, although that may also be due to how polished the latter game may have already been.

At the opposite end is what I consider the holy grail of game refinement, Super Metroid. If it wasn't for the fact that Metroid II introduced most of the new power ups, I would call it a revolutionary sequel (as I consider Super Mario Bros 3 to be a revolutionary sequel, due to all that was introduced). As it is, it took everything that was great about the first two metroid games, and made them awesome.

GTA IV could reach that height for me, but from what I seen and read, it still looks to be worth my time.

* I admit my repsonses on that thread, after the first couple posts, were rude and inexcusable, but those only prove I made comments that, well, were rude an inexcusable.

Did I mention I admit those comments were rude and inexcusable?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

who here beat the story? I want to know how much farther I have. PM me if you have

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I've played this game for a few hours, and so far I definitely don't think it deserves the scores it's getting. It's a cool game, but the missions aren't that great so far... Throwing a brick through a window to intimidate someone? Boo hoo... Unsurprisingly, I've already seen a lot of technical problems and bugs, but that's to be expected on a Rockstar game, even the 2D games were filled with bugs.

Entertaining, polished in some ways, but not enough to warrant the hype it's getting. I think I'll have a lot of fun continuing to play it though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957