By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official GTA IV Thread

Bump GTA IV thread, should only post here. Please lock the other GTA IV please moderators.

BTW: Over 100 million dollars was spent on the development of GTA IV more than any other video game. 

Around the Network

Most boring game of all time

and the most overrated one

i had so much expectations

the previous gta was a blast to play

but this one.. i dont know

what a dissapointment!!!!!

is like im playing the previous games with better graphics

but at the same time with less things to do

and even bully had more interesting missions

it gives a new meaning to the word crap

5/10 for me (now im at 35% complete)

9/10 if it was the first gta release

but after all the past versions....

i dont know

is pathetic

im sure all the gaming sites took a lot of cash to give that reviews

is a sad period for gaming journalism

san andreas was so over the top
this one is a joke

and don't call its multiplayer good!!

i prefer to play halo, call of duty or mario kart anytime!

is funny how brainwashed u are people

the game is CRAP

^ A very interesting opinion. I bet you have not even played the game.

BTW: are you the troll account for Zenfolder? 

gameover said:
Most boring game of all time

and the most overrated one

i had so much expectations

the previous gta was a blast to play

but this one.. i dont know

what a dissapointment!!!!!

is like im playing the previous games with better graphics

but at the same time with less things to do

and even bully had more interesting missions

it gives a new meaning to the word crap

5/10 for me (now im at 35% complete)

9/10 if it was the first gta release

but after all the past versions....

i dont know

is pathetic

im sure all the gaming sites took a lot of cash to give that reviews

is a sad period for gaming journalism

san andreas was so over the top
this one is a joke

and don't call its multiplayer good!!

i prefer to play halo, call of duty or mario kart anytime!

is funny how brainwashed u are people

the game is CRAP

If you have nothing positive and constructive to say about  GTA IV please keep your opinions to yourself.

Rock_on_2008 said:

^ A very interesting opinion. I bet you have not even played the game.

BTW: are you the troll account for Zenfolder? 

well ahem, looks like a bit of trolling.

i mean lol`s no1 joins up on a forum just for his/her 1st post to complain about a game lols

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

im a long time reader of this site believe me!

but only now i felt like i wanted to write something

btw i played this game and i still do

because im waiting to see what is so cool about it!!

and what is so revolutionary

still nothing

and i said in the previous post im on 35% complete

by the way read this review too

is so cool!!

and i agree 100%

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/29/nega-review-grand-theft-auto-iv/

is the best review i read about this game!

the most honest

and something else

i still believe im a hardcore gamer

i play games from day one

i had all the consoles even amiga cd32 haha (omg)

and i feel this game is terrible

it did NOTHING to push the series forward

only backwards

only backwards.....

is funny how u make a super negative review from other reviews and in the end a game takes a perfect 10

go figure

If you don't play this game, you're not a 'true' gamer.

Check out Fox News article: "Review: GTA 4 Rocks!:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352822,00.html?sPage=fnc/scitech/videogaming

So I've been seeing all these perfect scores from review sites for GTAIV and I've been taking them with a grain of salt and now I'm really doubting them. A large group of us got the game last night and the multiplayer is without a doubt incredible so I hear (haven't had a chance to play it but some of the other people played with 4 people and loved it) but we all have about the same complaints.

Here's pretty much the email conversation of out complaints.

PA Said

I played the ps3 version last night, the multiplayer would never load, but I’ll try it again. Bobby and some of the other guys sounded like they thoroughly enjoyed the multiplayer on the 360, so hopefully the ps3 multi will be fun.

The animation was really sketchy overall, but I thought it was a lot of fun, really open, you can go anywhere. Cops are tough.

This is the first GTA I’ve played, so I definitely am enjoying it. Even if I don’t have a 360, which makes me weep. ;)

AN said

Why does the guy lean over when he runs? Did they actually find people in real life that run like that? I want to meet the people that run like that, so I can point and laugh at them.

I’m sure I’ll enjoy running them down and killing them in lot’s of fun ways though.

TW said
I only played the single player last night and it was alright I guess (didn’t play it a lot), my only problem was on one of the tutorials you had loading screen after loading screen. It was the first date mission and they were telling you all the things you could do on a date or with friends you make. You could take them bowling, take them to a caberet, you could buy guns or explosives, and a lot of other things. For each of those things you could do they gave you a quick little 5-10 second scene to show it off which would have been cool except there was an at least 10 second load between each of those 5-10 second scenes. I think there were something like 6 or 7 of those scenes so you watch a scene, watch a loading screen, watch a scene, watch a loading screen, and keep going until it was finally finished telling you how awesome it was.

EC said
Yeah that part kinda frustrated me also. The hand to hand combat on one part was frustrating because it wasn’t as responsive as I wanted but I’m told you level up your fighting skills. I ended up just using Molotov cocktails instead of trying to bare box against a guy with a knife

GS said
I hated the fighting system until I learned it; the countering / dodging system works well most of the time (sometimes it a bit unresponsive), and there are disarming attacks you can use to take people’s knives and guns away in a fight. If you get that stuff down, you’re set.

BF said

While we’re on a hate train

The player controls are clunky (combat, shooting, movement, etc..)

I still haven’t gotten used to aiming the weapons

95% of the cars have horrible control

The audio is close to terrible

There were a lot of glitches (random vehicles flying up into the air for no reason. I saw an ambulance sitting idle then just fly up into the air and land on a pedestrian)

Teaching the player how to do things was slow and wasn’t memorable

Cops seem to be crack shots and can hit me at a great distance despite me zig-zagging

I’m still having fun with it though. The good out-weighs the bad so far.

IM said
Thank god someone else mentioned the controls thing! I was playing the single player mode and was frustrated by the chunkiness of driving and stuff. I thought they had it nailed perfectly when I was playing Vice City, but now when I am driving a car it feel more like I am driving a boat, it doesn’t respond fast enough. On my way back from the date where I went bowling (which I sucked at) I was driving like shit and then when I pulled up to her house to drop her off, an ambulance came and smashed into the back of the car with it’s sirens wailing. She didn’t seem to mind that her car got beaten to hell though as she told me that she really had a good time and that she wanted to see me again over the sound of the siren. Lol!

PA Said
Makes you wonder if we are more discerning because we are in the industry or if the media (esp. online review sites) are just pumping it up b/c of ad money pressures. I mean, c’mon… 10/10? Really?

With all those gripes I still certainly believe that it's an awesome game just 10/10? I have trouble believing that. Anyone else noticing these things?