By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 0,5 Million PS3 sold to Retailer in Germany till 31.03.2008

PS3 germany:
- consoles sold as of 31.03.2008: 500,000 (40,000 in march 08)
- another 500,000 consoles forecast to be sold till 31.03.2009
- another similar pricedrop not expected in the current fiscal year

http://www.golem.de/0804/59315.html

Around the Network

Tja, das klingt schon richtig. Nicht wirklich viel aber ok.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

For the new year, the report quotes "at least 500,000 units". They aim to more than double the install base for the new year the article claims.

BTW very good sales for March. 

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

OMG really? I am amazed that they want to DOUBLE the install base, since the PS3 is already out in Germany since almost 1 YEAR!!!!

I mean holy lord, in only one more year the want to DOUBLE the install base they made in one year?

My god, such high goals.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Looks like roughly on par with VGC numbers. Both this site and your source should have an error margin around 5-10%, and then there's all the consoles still sitting on store shelves.

Around the Network

the web says 30.000 units sold in march

Fabius said:
PS3 germany:
- consoles sold as of 31.03.2008: 500,000 (40,000 in march 08)
- another 500,000 consoles forecast to be sold till 31.03.2009
- another similar pricedrop not expected in the current fiscal year

http://www.golem.de/0804/59315.ht

Germany

PS3

13 months 410.000

@prosugno, thanks for pointing out the difference between sold-to-customers and shipped, which was what the OP was reporting.

Paid by the alliance
to slay all the giants.

The 40k in March matches pretty well with what I calculated from the graph above as sold to consumers in March (39k). I would expect them to ship more than 500k this fiscal year. The PS3 was significantly more expensive for much of last year, and there wasn't really any big franchise releases. With big games and cheaper price they really should expect significantly higher sales this year.

You can see how PS2 & Xbox sold after the first 16 months,shown in the graph above in the following Media Control/GfK graph which covers Nov 00 - Nov 05. This one also includes Gamecube,  which was in second place ahead of Xbox through November 05.

With 500k lines: