By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - finally! my very own ps3!

Yeah I'm with the popular consensus on this one, the MUST HAVES in my book though.

Disc:
Uncharted.
Heavenly Sword.
Ratchet and Clank.
Warhawk.
DMCIV
Rock Band
Burnout Paradise.
GT5P
Condemned 2 (I know I know first person shooter, but man it's good :D )

PSN:
Super Stardust HD
Pixel Junk Monsters.
Everyday Shooter
Pain (if you have a few people willing to play it, it CAN get old fast :P )

Also note, make sure you pick up the Echochrome demo, and pick up Castlevania SOTN for PS1 classics :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

I think you have plenty of good choices...i loved Uncharted, great story.

Let me tell you about Ratchet and Clank: the most fun i have had on a console. i traded it in and hearing people talk about it make me want to play it again.

My two cents

makingmusic476 said:
Lafiel said:
I'd recommend at least trying the Hot Shots Golf 5/Everybody's Golf 5 demo aswell, because in my opinion hat game is a hell lot of fun - especially online or with friends.

There's a demo?  I'll have to download that sometime.

I think it is on the UK store.

Anyways, Ratchet & Clank, Folklore, and DMC4 are great in addition to what you are currently getting. 

Dont forget to personalize your Ps3 www.allps3themes.com

(Use the Ps3 browser look through the hundreds of themes then click download and it'll be sent directly to the themes list in your Xmb ) Edit: Theres actually 1800+ themes, themes added almost daily.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

RATCHET & CLANK is a must buy!!

then GTA Iv...motorstorm, uncharted..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Congrats. I recommend the following:

-Uncharted
-Ratchet & Clank
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma
-Call of Duty 4 (I know you said you're not into FPS, but man this one is great)
-Devil May Cry 4

For Heavenly Sword, rent it.

Fuzzmosis said:
Far too few people mentioned Rock Band.
 If he just got a PS3 and is about to get GTA4 and MGS4 in a couple months, why buy Rock Band now?  EA is working on Rock Band 2, by the time he is donw with MGS4 we will likely know why it comes out.  Rockband 2 likely comes out this year so I'd either wait for that (if he really has $170 sitting around) or buy Rock Band then at a discounted price.  The same is true for GH3 / GH4. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I think you have enough reccomendations. So go out and buy some games!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kasillas88 said:
Dont forget to personalize your Ps3 www.allps3themes.com

(Use the Ps3 browser look through the hundreds of themes then click download and it'll be sent directly to the themes list in your Xmb ) Edit: Theres actually 1800+ themes, themes added almost daily.

ah! thanks for the tip

outlawauron said:
I think you have enough reccomendations. So go out and buy some games!

i already have gtiv reserved. shipment should be by may 7 (nuts, sucks where i live)

also there's this guy selling his copy  assassins creed for about $40us, no ones buying it so i'll try to hagle a bit (or a lot haha)

also have my eye on a used copy of uncharted (roughly $47.50us), brand new here is around $80-90us.

now that i think about it, games here are way overpriced. (again, sucks where i live)