By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - finally! my very own ps3!

@ ils411

heavenly sword

uncharted

assassin's creed

and.......um....

any suggestions? not really into fps though....

Heavenly Sword, a very slick game. If you prefer quality over quantity, a good choice if you like this sort of game.

Uncharted, IMO must own. Best looking console game so far.

Assissin's Creed, haven't played the game. Most gamers seem to love the game, some think it's overrated.

My additional suggestions:

- Must own (and it's cheap): Super Stardust HD with Solo pack. IMO get online and get this one straight away!
- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. Very well done shooter/platformer.

Personally I think Motorstorm and Resistance: Fall of Man are great games. But at least in terms of graphics and features their sequels will go far beyond what these game currently provide despite having been the most ambitious PS3 launch titles in this regard. (Would still recommend Resistance though, at least to experience the story, Motorstorm seems to be too hard for many, not for me though as I completed the game and I like a challenge)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
dsoverpsp said:
Congratz - I bet ur a happy man right now :)

yup! happy as pie! though i'd be happier when i get some more games other than nba 2k7 (came with the deal)

BTW, for Heavenly Sword (there's a cool different Kai gameplay demo available on the Japan PSN store), Motorstorm, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Resistance: Fall of Man, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Super Stardust HD there are demos available on the Playstation store. Good to form an initial impression.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Assassin's Creed was awesome. People say it's repetitive, but it's not very long and has the best building hopping ever. I liked the combat and the assassinations themselves are all uniquely pulled off if you don't want to alert the guards.

If you're going to use the PSN I suggest giving Pixel Junk Monsters a look.

The game costs a mere €4.99, but it's given me easily 30 hours worth of entertainment up until this point. It's fixed screen defensive tower gameplay with co-op.

SuperStardust HD is also worth a look. It again has co-op (great for mini games) but this time you control a space ship flying around different planets blowing up falling meteors and fighting bosses.

Around the Network

any suggestions? not really into fps though....

if you like platformers Ratchet is awesome. Heavenly Sword is worth a budget buy (wouldn't pay 60$ for it but its pretty neat), Gt5-Prologue is great(yes not a full game)
If you haven't played Half-Life2 yet and do not have a PC or 360 you should get it (FPS but great package and I had the most fun playing Portal of any games last year)

Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, DMC4 and Ratchet & Clank without a doubt :D

ils411 said:

as for gt5:p, i very very tempted, but i'm planning to wait for gt5...(if i can resist..but again, if i can get if cheap why not hahaha)

GRiD is coming out in a few months, and that should hold you over until GT5 :). I have GT5p, and it's a great example of what the PS3 can do, but very shallow. If you are in the fence, go with GRiD -> GT5.

Congratulations on your purchase! 

Far too few people mentioned Rock Band.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Ratchet is a must own.

If you are playing on an HD TV your jaw will drop at Ratchet, I shit you not.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!