By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another comparison of GTA IV PS3 vs X360

BCNR34 said:
lets compare shall we:

framerate: "both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip."

pop-in: "The Xbox 360 version can suffer from some very noticeable texture loading"

Er, where have I said the 360 has better pop-in?  Here is a direct frame-rate quote from the review:

"The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

to be fair, without the install, the ps3 version could have been a train wreck. it being being mandatory says alot more than just minor technical advantages. why not make it optional? i wonder why...

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Lulz.

I guess you found a way to spin the bundle badly.

The lack of Rumble.

You do know that other continents exist outside of "Others" right? Like America, where the DS3 is readily available?

(...)

Is it included with PS3 hardware? If not, it's not really spin as it will cost you extra to get rumble. PS3 fans criticize the 360 all the time for paid online, why do you consider calling on "paid rumble" to be spin?

well, if the rumble stops after 1 year period and asks you to pay for another 50 bucks so it will work for another year... you let me know. :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Lulz.

I guess you found a way to spin the bundle badly.

The lack of Rumble.

You do know that other continents exist outside of "Others" right? Like America, where the DS3 is readily available?

(...)

Is it included with PS3 hardware? If not, it's not really spin as it will cost you extra to get rumble. PS3 fans criticize the 360 all the time for paid online, why do you consider calling on "paid rumble" to be spin?

Well, if the rumble stops after 1 year period and asks you to pay for another 50 bucks so it will work for another year... you let me know. :)

lulz,

Win.

BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
Clearly "no install" can't be used as an advantage, it's the reason the 360 is slightly inferior.
I gave the PS3 props for loading and pop-in advantages.........

no you didn't...lol

clearly your post just says "loading" and "sixaxis"

You really don't read threads huh? You just race in and look for a post from me and troll away.

Look again buddy.

loading=/=pop-in, they are clearly different things, and are even dealt with seperately in the paragaph. fail.

Ahhh, thats why I gave SEPERATE acknowledgements for them rather than rolling them into the same word.

Keep up mate. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

oh and selnor(wherever you are), now you KNOW that the 360 version has no option to install.

starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:
lets compare shall we:

framerate: "both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip."

pop-in: "The Xbox 360 version can suffer from some very noticeable texture loading"

Er, where have I said the 360 has better pop-in? Here is a direct frame-rate quote from the review:

"The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic."

the framerate difference was nullified with that last sentence, as they are close to even, however there is obviously a huge difference from the PS3's pop-in compared to the 360's. which is why he called it technically superior.

kingofwale said:

well, if the rumble stops after 1 year period and asks you to pay for another 50 bucks so it will work for another year... you let me know. :)

I think the thread was doing just fine without your trolling, but thanks for stopping by anyway.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
Clearly "no install" can't be used as an advantage, it's the reason the 360 is slightly inferior.
I gave the PS3 props for loading and pop-in advantages.........

I know, but you made it sound like "no install" is a good thing for the 360. I can understand a mandatory install being annoying, but it clearly reduces technical issues. Mass Effect could have benefitted from an install and so could GTA 4, from the looks of it.

Accepting that I already gave the PS3 props for the conceivable technical advantages installs bring, how is it not an advantage that 360 owners will play the game the moment they pop it in the console whilst PS3 owners will have to wait around?

True, that's an advantage. But the (albeit minor) technical problems it brings are a disadvantage. This whole hard drive install thing a double edged sword if you ask me, perhaps we can agree on that.

This thread is growing at an alarming rate.