By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another comparison of GTA IV PS3 vs X360

LOOK AT 5:57 ON THIS VIDEO REVIEW USING XBOX VERSION

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33326.html

AN ENTIRE BUILDING POPS UP LITERALLY ON THE RIGHT, AND YOU ARE NOT EVEN GOING FAST.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Okay guys, the latest comparison news is as follows...are you ready for BIG news!!!

Graphics - Colour Palette

• Apparently, the PS3 version has a warm palette of colours making the game more realistic than the 360 version.

Texture Pop In

• Apparently, the 360 version has more pop in, this seems to be down to the lack of HDD and potentially compression of textures to fit on the DVD.

Brightness/Contrast

• Apparently the 360 version seems to be brighter.

Frame rate

• Apparently, going by most sources, the PS3 version has a more stable frame rate than the 360 version.

• The PS3 version is overall quicker at loading, once you have sat through a near 8 minute install.

Softness/AA

• The PS3 version is softer than the 360's 2xAA processing, mainly down to post-processing (see info later).

DLC

• The 360 version is certainly getting DLC starting in August, the PS3 is just rumoured, but more than likely to happen.

Resolutions

• Are you ready for this one.  According to the latest information, the 360 version runs at 720p with 2xAA, whereas the PS3 version only runs at 630p.  The softness and AA could very well be down to the video being upscaled from 630p to 720p which will make the image softer.

Conclusions

Going by the information above, if you want DLC and regard a Next Gen game as having to have HD visuals, then you will have to go for the 360 version.

On the other hand, if you want the nicest looking game with better frame rate and least pop i as well as faster load times, then it has to the PS3 version.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Rockstar has also announced they are supporting integration with home whenever that finally releases.

So the X360 version is simply better. Cool.

Slimebeast said:
 360 version with pop-ins.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

daveygee said "Are you ready for this one.  According to the latest information, the 360 version runs at 720p with 2xAA, whereas the PS3 version only runs at 630p.  The softness and AA could very well be down to the video being upscaled from 630p to 720p which will make the image softer" Source? Link?

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

MikeB said:
Slimebeast said:
360 version with pop-ins.

How do you know it is the 360 version? How do you know it is the final build?

Link? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Press_the_Button said:
daveygee said "Are you ready for this one.  According to the latest information, the 360 version runs at 720p with 2xAA, whereas the PS3 version only runs at 630p.  The softness and AA could very well be down to the video being upscaled from 630p to 720p which will make the image softer" Source? Link?

Is on Beyond 3d

just google:

GTA 4 the 360 720p, PS3 version 630p

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

From NeoGaf:
http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/gta4/

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ starcraft

He has only played the 360 version so far.

Some screenshots:
http://dot50cal.the-horror.com/b3d/gta4/360/

PS3 vs 360 sales