By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer 360 vs ps3

Eurogamer does cross platform comparisens with theps360 games. Every single games looks alot better on the 360. Then the reviewers claims that the ps3 version suffers fron terrible screan tear and constant drops in framerates. plus they have images of both the games versions in game wich always look washed out on the ps3 and really good on the 360. What are you thoughts about this because i dont remember my ps3 ever looking that terrible. Good showing for 360 though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=134315

Around the Network

They used a bunch of weird games. They should have used COD4 or Burnout Paradise.

ToastyJaguar said:
They used a bunch of weird games. They should have used COD4 or Burnout Paradise.

thay have done. there are 11 different Rounds of comparisens if you go to the bottom of the screen which have many different games in them. the 360 has won every round

All I know is that the only Game that matters right now looks and plays better on the PS3. Can't wait to see their comparison shots.

I just looked at a bunch of the screens for each game and I have got say that many of those shots look much cleaner on the PS3 mainly because they seem brighter. Expecially in Condemned, half the 360 shots look so dark you can barely see backround details.

EDIT: Upon further inspection of other rounds, I am curious wether this mysterious "vasoline effect" has more to do with the brightness adjustment on their displays rather than a real issue. I further questioned their bias while reading the Orange Box round when they put positive spin on 30 FPS a purely unacceptable frame rate in online first person games. I am not sure that these comparissons should be taken seriously just because the reviewer never has anything at all nice to say about the PS3 even when it clearly has an advantage.

Around the Network

I don't know, i think condemned 2 looks cleaner on the 360.

rasone77 said:
I just looked at a bunch of the screens for each game and I have got say that many of those shots look much cleaner on the PS3 mainly because they seem brighter. Expecially in Condemned, half the 360 shots look so dark you can barely see backround details.

yh i agree in some cases but have you read what the reviewers have put like. when a ps3 game looks half decent or rivals the 360s they always safe framerate this and that.

Its called not using SUPER WHITE/RGB FULL

mM

lol at there site being controlled by 360 GTA ads.

mM

@obieslut I read that on the article and I still wonder about bias here. It seems that whenever the 360 does something wrong they imediately spin it so it sounds better than it is yet when the PS3 does something better they mention it briefly and move on.

Hell even in the graphically challenged game GHIII (in round 7) they have to mention how the PS3 guitars won't work with Rockband WTF is that all about. I thought this was a graphics comparison.

EDIT: Then in the Call of Duty 4 (round 6) they call it even steven but the last line says "But the lure of acheivements potentially offering additional replay value for owners of microsofts console"  What the online multiplayer wasn't enough replay value for most people. Hell they could say achievments make any 360 game better just by the virtue eof them being there and not on the PS3.

I call x-bot alert on all 11 rounds.