By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Next Mario Platformer

Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros 3. Super Mario World. Super Mario 64. Super Mario Sunshine. Super Mario Galaxy. ???

What historic game shall come next in the fantastic series. How will it trump its predecessors? How shall it play, look, and feel? Answer these questions yourself.

Guide:

Name -

Gameplay -

Story -

Graphics -

Sound -

Name - None (currently)

Gameplay - There will be six different areas, much like Super Mario Galaxy. You will explore these six areas. They will be different types of climate. There will be Grass, Rock, Ice, Water, Fire, and Air. There will be a a room with doors and pictures overhead. The room will be decorated according to the terrain. When you get near a door, a small banner will appear at the top of the screen saying what level it is and how many stars you collected. There are 3 mini areas with 5 stars each. Each mini-area is suited to that type of terrain and gets progressively harder, with the last one being insanely hard. These areas are open like 64 so you can get any star at any time (with certain exceptions.) There will be a menu of stars at the start like every other game. Once you beat these levels, you gain the ability to use that terrain at will. Using the IR pointer, press down B and point where you want it to form. New terrain will form that you can jump on, throw, or destroy. Each star "levels" you up more until you have the maximum amount. Once you gain at least 10 of the stars, a passageway will open up to face Bowser. Once you beat him and gain the Noble Star (explained in Story) you can choose the next area you want to visit and do the same thing again. The hub world is called "The Center Of All Lands." It has all six terrains within it, all meeting at a focal point. All of your friends are there, after the world has become uninhatibable. It is an open area that expands outward. Once you reach its edge The room with the mini-areas will appear. The hub world is almost like a circle in six pieces. The hub world has 24 hidden stars. The 6 Noble Stars bring the total star count to 120. The hub world is very large, but if you want to go to the rooms with the mini-areas, there is a shortcut. That pretty much does it.

Story - Mario is walking to Princess Peach's castle. She wants to throw him a party and invite all of his friends. Mario and his friends enter the castle, only to find Bowser there. He laughs at their feeble minds and monologues about how he is superior. He has a Star in his hand. He grabs it and the floors turns to lava. Then, it turns into a large tidal wave of lava. Mario and friends feared they would be scorched by it. They stood up and saw they were in a strange place. An ancient ghost apears from the ground, but he appears solid. He says he is The Master of Earth. He keeps all of its nature, terrain, and climate in balance with the help of six powerful stars called Noble Stars. They can manipulate the Earth into any possible form. Bowser has stolen them to conquer Earth. He tells Mario to rescue the Noble Stars. He says he still has the Noble Star of Grass, so he gives it to Mario. That pretty much does it.

Graphics - Pretty much amazing art style to make the terrain and land look vibrant and alive. Same as Galaxy, except extremely more polished.

Sound - Who cares?

So how is it? And share your ideas too.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Name - Super Mario Heavens

Gameplay - Mario can fly, platforming parts are still there, gravity thing not so much but its there.

Story - Mario joins Pit in heaven to battle the nega-koppas from hell that are trying to take Heaven over, in the end he has to battle nega-bowser.

Graphics - if Crysis was chopped up to fit on the Wii, this will be it.

Sound - holy-ish

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

What if you make that a PS3 FPS called "Nega-Helliens"?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Name - Goomba Brothers

Gameplay - Mario can eat pizza and mushrooms to gain retard strength.

Story - Mario was plumbing and found a gold ring, dropped it, and goes to the sewers to get it back. Alligators attack, and Mario defends himself by crushing endangered species. The cops get after him, led by Lt. Bowser, and Ratman his henchman.

Graphics - Killer 7, but with alligators.

Sound - Diablo 2 Mario: "Maybe this will get me in good with the villagers." /crush alligator.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Mark my words... this E3 we will see the announcement of SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2!!! :p

This game was so amazing, we need more of it....

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Around the Network

Another SMG would do it for me.. perhaps with a bigger/more-to-do-in hub

Miyamoto hinted at a Galaxy sequel - I hope this will fix the two 'problems' (only relative to the awesomeness of the rest of the game) of a small hub and too few 'real' stars, i.e. not reusing parts of the levels.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I agree another Galaxy would be awesome

to be on topic

Name - ...

Gameplay - all
2d to 3d like spm, gravity like smg, the platforms like the rest

Story - Mario was given the power to go to other dimensions and must use that power to save a toad galaxy and rescue the princess

Graphics - Galaxy graphics

Sound - galaxy music

"Mario the Plumber". We had "Sonic The Hedgehog" last year.