By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your opinion on IGN and Gamespot?

I trust IGN, they seem proffessional, far-reaching and honest. Gamespot numbered in my top 5 when I first got online a few years back, and I really do feel they have gone downhill since all three current gen consoles launched.
They treat PC games fairly equally and decently but their console reviews are inconsistant and unbalanced as hell as of late.
I generally don't do anything on GS other than read gaming related news and content every odd while, their reviews get ignored mostly all the time.

Around the Network

IGN = main source for reviews since forever.

Gamespot = who is that?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Rock on. which gamespot reviews aren't you happy with?

I don't go on gamespot much since the Jeff Gerstmann got fired.

I have found IGN reviews are usually in line with my own, so I prefer them over GS.

By the way, I noticed something that seems to happen quite often....whenever X game gets 9.0+ in IGN´s review, GS usually gives that same X game a 7.0, and vice versa.

I am a Wii only owner so I cannot tell you about IGN's 360 over PS3 bias but I definitely prefer them over Gamespot. IGN's reviews about the Wii's games ( which is all I can go by) are for the most part pretty honest. Now Gamespot on the other hand is so full of anti-Wii bias that it's disgusting. Only Game Informer is worse. They speak about the Wii as if it's an Atari 2600 prototype. Sorry had to get a dig in at Game Informer. I can't help it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

Well I hate both of those sites they are so 360 bias and their reviews suck. Those two sites have no idea they consistently rate down PS3 games. IGN and Gamespot have no credibility in my eyes. GTA IV is the only exception to IGN where every other game review favours 360 over PS3 version.

Well I gave you my opinion. Now give me your opinion. Yeah please answer the thread title question.

Perhaps because nearly every multiplatform game is better on 360, while GTA 4 seems to reverse the trend? It sounds like you can't handle the truth!

Rock_on_2008 said:
I believe the games look and play the same on both consoles (PS3 and 360) when a multi-platform title is in question. PS3 has slightly better graphics than the 360. Game reviewers should give the same game identical scores but they like to stir up fan boys who write stuff on forums to get more online nerds to buy games for a particular console.

and you expect this but rarely get it.

i think tiger woods 08 rated higher on the ps3.

Ign is a lot better site that GameSpot. The reviews are better and the site isn't a bunched up making it easier to find what your looking for.

Gamespot has a really crappy format, confusing pages for games, and a forum full of douchebags. And any information they have is 99% of the time also found on Gamefaqs. And their reviews can be just OUT THERE.

But IGN gave Okami Game of the Year.

So which do you think I prefer?

IGN is great, I have never been to gamespot because of threads like this on other sites, talking it down and making it sound biased.(Which im sure it is, how could so many people all be wrong?)