By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your opinion on IGN and Gamespot?

Well I hate both of those sites they are so 360 bias and their reviews suck. Those two sites have no idea they consistently rate down PS3 games. IGN and Gamespot have no credibility in my eyes. GTA IV is the only exception to IGN where every other game review favours 360 over PS3 version.

Well I gave you my opinion. Now give me your opinion. Yeah please answer the thread title question. 

Around the Network

So if IGN was consistently on the PS3's side instead you would like their site?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

IGN = Gamespot

Though IGN has a slight advantage IMO, its more reliable when it comes to reviews.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I believe the games look and play the same on both consoles (PS3 and 360) when a multi-platform title is in question. PS3 has slightly better graphics than the 360. Game reviewers should give the same game identical scores but they like to stir up fan boys who write stuff on forums to get more online nerds to buy games for a particular console.

I hate them both until they put up a review I like. Then I love them.

Around the Network

I'm aware there is a 360 bias on GS. They always have 360 reviews up and ready. But when it comes to Wii and PS3, either they just review the major games (SSBB, MGS4) or they don't review a game at all. The Wii gets barely any reviews. Where's the Budokai Tenkaichi review? Figures that they won't review Wii games though. They can't accept the fact that they were DEAD wrong when the said "the Wii will succeed" as their April Fools Joke of 2005. I trust IGN because they have new news 5 days a week and get exclusive interviews. Plus they have sa,es numbers from the end of the previous month. GS takes IGN's news right after it comes out, and their reviews have been way out of wack for a few years now. LOZ:TP=8.8, but NMH=9.0?!?! I'm confused.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Goddbless said:
So if IGN was consistently on the PS3's side instead you would like their site?

Your correct +1. PS3 game getting an equal or better reviews than the 360 version I am happy with that review site.

IGN is far superior. I loved GameSpot until their biases started becoming apparent. My unjust banning was the last straw.

I like IGN because they provide so much information on everything. I've taken 90% of the information in the ps3 exclusives thread from their site. The layout of IGN is just really nice, with a nice blurb about each game when you click on it, etc.

I'd say VGChartz, IGN, and Kotaku are my three favorite gaming sites.

IGN = great

Gamespot = trash

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

makingmusic476 said:
IGN is far superior. I loved GameSpot until their biases started becoming apparent. My unjust banning was the last straw.

I like IGN because they provide so much information on everything. I've taken 90% of the information in the ps3 exclusives thread from their site. The layout of IGN is just really nice, with a nice blurb about each game when you click on it, etc.

I'd say VGChartz, IGN, and Kotaku are my three favorite gaming sites.

Unjust banning from Gamespot a perma-ban. Just make another account. Anonymity of the internet.