By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shio said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Yakuzaice said:
If we ever see a Diablo 3 it will be a long time coming. They still have Wrath of the Lich King and StarCraft II to work on. I'd be fine with a console version as long as the PC version isn't dumbed down for the sake of it.
At the end of the day making money is all that matters to developers. Console games are more profitable than PC games. PC games are too easy to pirate, PS3 is pirate free. Best bet is to sell it on the PS3.

you do know that Blizzard is making more money than any console developer except Nintendo, right?

And Starcraft 2 is THE WORST type of game to be ported to console. Starcraft 2 is a heavy, fast-paced micro-management RTS, and it would lose ALOT of the core gameplay experience if it was on a console version, and don't even try to pin on me with "PS3 has keyboard" line, you know most wouldn't even play it with a Kb+M. They tried a console version with the original Starcrat on N64, and it became a crappy game.

Anyway, nowadays everyone has a PC/MAC, and almost everyone who's interested in SC2 will buy the game eventually.

PS3 has the best graphics. PS3 could use keyboard and mouse and StraCraft 2 would be great on the PS3. I would buy it.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
shio said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Yakuzaice said:
If we ever see a Diablo 3 it will be a long time coming. They still have Wrath of the Lich King and StarCraft II to work on. I'd be fine with a console version as long as the PC version isn't dumbed down for the sake of it.
At the end of the day making money is all that matters to developers. Console games are more profitable than PC games. PC games are too easy to pirate, PS3 is pirate free. Best bet is to sell it on the PS3.

you do know that Blizzard is making more money than any console developer except Nintendo, right?

And Starcraft 2 is THE WORST type of game to be ported to console. Starcraft 2 is a heavy, fast-paced micro-management RTS, and it would lose ALOT of the core gameplay experience if it was on a console version, and don't even try to pin on me with "PS3 has keyboard" line, you know most wouldn't even play it with a Kb+M. They tried a console version with the original Starcrat on N64, and it became a crappy game.

Anyway, nowadays everyone has a PC/MAC, and almost everyone who's interested in SC2 will buy the game eventually.

PS3 has the best graphics. PS3 could use keyboard and mouse and StraCraft 2 would be great on the PS3. I would buy it.

So you're telling me that you would never buy SC2 on PC/MAC either way? And PS3 has better graphics than what?! but who cares about graphics, it's the gameplay we all want, and you can only get the full experience on PC.

shio said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
shio said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Yakuzaice said:

So you're telling me that you would never buy SC2 on PC/MAC either way? And PS3 has better graphics than what?! but who cares about graphics, it's the gameplay we all want, and you can only get the full experience on PC.

Yeah, his argument doesn't make much sense; PS3 graphics better than the PC???

Not to mention, I would be surprised if SC2 has the most amazing graphics in the world when it comes out.  Blizzard doesn't tend to push tech beyond what its customers have; what they do bring to the table, on the other hand, is INCREDIBLE art direction and some of the best CG cutscenes in existence (I would say just "the best", but I haven't played every game ever).  The cutscenes could be done equally well on everything, as they would be pre-rendered.

In all reality, though, I don't think we'll see SC2 on a console, even with K+M support.  Piracy just isn't a big concern for Blizzard, as they have huge amounts of customers that are willing to pay for their game.  It comes from the fact that their games appeal to more than the subset of people that pirate games instead of buying them

Diablo 3, on the other hand, could easily be on any console, although I think it would work best on the DS/Wii with respect to gameplay (it is a point-and-click game after all... the best target selection mechanism in the world isn't as good as clicking on something )

I would still play it on the PC though... I'm one of those people that remaps the keyboard for optimum efficiency, and 12 buttons just isn't enough to get the kind of twitch response I am used to

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Rock_on_2008 said:
shio said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Yakuzaice said:

PS3 graphics already pale in comparison to what a PC can spit out at you, imagine what will happen by the time those games came out. As pertaining to the topic, I hope Blizzard never makes a game for consoles (We saw what happened with Starcraft: Ghost) only for the simple reason that I think the games would be dumbed down to hell. Just look at UT3. It was supposed to be perfect, even more so than UT2004. Yet because of Epic's console attraction it just plain sucks for PC. I don't want to see a similar thing happen with any of Blizzard's games.

If anyone wants to play SC2 or Diablo 3 or whatever game they clme out with next buy a PC. Chances are you can build one that can run those games for cheaper than what you spent on your PS3. And you can even get the REAL online experience then, you know, the one where you don't have to pay for an account and you can use it to get god knows how many different mods and what-nots for a game.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Ok Starcraft 2 would be cool on consoles.

No it wouldn't. You need a mouse. Otherwise the gameplay has to be slowed down. A pointer won't help either because you need the accuracy of the mouse to make really fast selection.

Around the Network

Blizzard needs to stick with what they do, PCs. Keep SC2 on PC, sell your 10 million copies, make an expansion, sell several million more copies. Get to work on D3 (unless of course this "next-gen MMO" they are working on is D3, then I will cry, and buy it the seconds it comes out and hate myself for paying to play a game).

I can't believe so many people are still taking Rock_on's trolling threads seriously...

Rock_on_2008 said:
shio said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Yakuzaice said:

Are you serious? I would love to see a game on the ps3 that rivals crysis.

Starcraft 2 on consoles cool?(whaat?)
Maybe Wii for point and click.
Diablo is a better fit for console IMO.