By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Wii Update Taht Would be Outstanding

Simple, with release of Brawl the amount of use of the GC controller has increased, and people use the GC controller to play GC games on the Wi itself, so here's the idea:

On the next update, allow controll of the Main Wii Menu using the GC controller, its so simple. It will let you turn up a game and start it up using the GC controller instead of the Wii Remote. There's been a few times friend's have forgotten the Wi Remote at home when taken their Wii out and can't play any games because of this.

What do you guys think¿? Good or Bad?

Around the Network

Yes I brought my wii to my friends house, and ended up forgetting the sensor bar. I couldn't play any of my gc games or brawl. I was so pissed.

Kinda seems to defeat the purpose of having a Wii if you don't even use the controls.

On a side note, a lot of games do allow you to use the GC controller or atleast the classic so it's not that big of a deal.

360 Tag - narfwack

narfwack said:
Kinda seems to defeat the purpose of having a Wii if you don't even use the controls.

On a side note, a lot of games do allow you to use the GC controller or atleast the classic so it's not that big of a deal.

He's talking about the start menu. Not the games. 

Its been discussed before. And yes I would love this feature. I knew from the start this would be a problem.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

It's a great idea. I'd also like them to give you the option to load straight towards the game, rather than stop at the Wii Menu, but I understand the philosophical reason for that decision.

It would be a great Idea, Maybe even the possibility of Controlling the wii from the DS someway...

Nice to see that I'm not the only one. Yeah I forgot about the sensor bar, that too is a problem, say it breaks or you forget it, then you can't play any games on the Wii whatsoever.

Perhaps that would be good, but I wouldn't be too fussed about it.

What I want is essentially the same, except using the Wii remote... so using the d-pad to control the menus and such, or if the nunchuck is plugged in that too (though this is less needed)

Similar to the Mario Kart Wii menus in fact, because you can control them in every way you want, if you just have the Wii remote you can point and click, or you can use the d-pad. If you have a nunchuck plugged in then you can do both those things or use the control stick. And the Classic/GC work too though I have not tried them.

Yeah, that too would be a very good idea, controlling the menu using the pad, since it conects directly to the console and not the sensor bar.