By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix new ip for the ds

i'm really sorry if this has already been posted

http://ds.ign.com/articles/869/869391p1.html

Nanashi no Game:

In this DS title, you play as a character whose friend disappears from school one day. Exploring the friend's home, you discover that he'd just taken delivery of a videogame. While resembling a clas.sic 2D RPG, this game is actually said to be cursed. It's believed that those who play this game die within a week.

The game -- the DS title, not the cursed one -- takes place from the first person. You play by holding the system rotated 90 degrees, like a book, with the world expanding out before you in 3D on both screens. All your actions are controlled with the stylus -- everything from moving forward and looking up, to opening a door.

Outside of being a rare first person 3D game for the DS, the title also makes use of a technology that makes two speakers produce 3D sound. You'll apparently be able to hear sounds coming from behind you. Square Enix recommends that players play the title with headphones

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

this would have been cool for the wii

this has been posted before and like last time only this comment:

Blatant rip off of the story from Ringu. Square, where is the originality?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=25046

I like this game, nice and spooky, can't wait to get it

been posted before, sorry  

i'm sorry i didnt know this was already posted

Around the Network

Saw this on pocketgamer allready :) But its a great concept , though as they sayed its way to The Ring style :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Sherlock99 said:
this would have been cool for the wii

Alas, Square-Enix seems to have decided going handheld is the way to go for now. Developing for the PS3 is simply not worth it, and they're still not sure about the Wii, but at least the DS has managed to convince them.

Also, nanashi as in 名無し? About time Anonymous gets a game of his own. =P