By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is doing great- But they should really step up their act.

Noname, you capitalized internet. It should not be for it is not a proper noun.

Monetary currency necessitates the desire of personal gain and discourages endowment.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian.

Antidisestablishmentarianism.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
kingofwale said:
noname2200 said:
kingofwale said:
RolStoppable said:
kingofwale said:

and next time I take English and needed to be politically, grammatically correct, I will let you know.

After all, we all know an Internet forum about video games is where to start writing perfect English.

Oh, I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. I would say that if it's your native language, you should be writing perfectly understandable English before you post on an Internet forum. Otherwise, you're liable to be misinterpreted by others, and we wouldn't want that.

Noname, that was some of the best pwnage that kingofwale has ever received on these forums (the whole thread, not just the unsnipped parts).  Kudos.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

@ grammar and readable English, it's like my man Stan Van Gundy says, "When is a playoff game not a must-win?" If you're trying to communicate with others the majority of the burden is on you to get the message across. Unfortunately, internet forums are filled with laziness with regards to healthy communication.

@topic, none of this is Nintendo's fault. Nintendo is leading by example and they are releasing graphically pleasing, core-targeted (along with casual-targeted), fun, high quality games. What else can they do but start buying/paying third parties to make games for the Wii.

If somebody can explain to me why it's Nintendo's fault, I'm willing to listen. But as of now people need to stop blaming Nintendo. They are doing they job and they are doing it with the same or better quality they always have. I'm referring specifically to the Wii, but at the same time Nintendo in general.

kingofwale this applies to you, why are you blaming Nintendo for what third parties do?

dtewi said:
Noname, you capitalized internet. It should not be for it is not a proper noun.

Monetary currency necessitates the desire of personal gain and discourages endowment.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis.

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian.

Antidisestablishmentarianism.

Actually, the capitalization was deliberate in this case. I'm sure you can see why. Although I'll admit that if you go through my previous posts, you'll notice quite a few spelling and grammatical errors, some of which are pretty egregious. So I think it's time I started taking my own advice as well. People in glass houses and all that...feel free to call me out if I slip, since it's the best way to get better.

Why is it people with Kim Possible avatars bring sense to topics?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

What those NPD chart numbers don't show are the number of titles in the 3rd party block compared to the number of Nintendo published titles in the Nintendo block.

That's not the data that the charts were created to show, but if they did, you would see the Nintendo published titles selling a very disproportionate number of soft units relative to the number of titles they have published.

Example: You have 100 titles selling 60% of the total soft sales vs. 20 titles selling 40% of the total soft sales. Nobody is going to argue that those 100 titles are doing better than the 20 on the other half of the chart bar.

The chart fails to put a hole in the idea that 3rd party sales on the Wii are still lagging.

What would be a better comparison is how 3rd party games are selling on the Wii relative to 3rd party games on the PS3 or 360. If that information was released, it would be FAR more useful to 3rd party developers to see which platform would yield better potential sales figures.

Either way, such a chart wouldn't matter to a newer studio with fewer resources anyway because developing for the Wii simply costs significantly less and takes significantly less time to realize revenue upon publication. That's more important than any bar chart to the developers who must take costs into strong consideration.

A comma should be in front of "Although."

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Actually, it all depends on the inflection of the sentence.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

I didn't mean to look like I was blaming Nintendo for these faults, and I obviously was exagerating with my numbers. It just gets to me, I guess, sometimes, seeing a huge amount of 3rd party support on some consoles like the 360, and not nearly enough on the Wii. If some of those focused on the Wii, well then that would be great. I also don't see why like, atleast HALF of the games on the 360 aren't on the Wii and PS3. Theres really no reason in my eyes, the games would still do great on the Wii.

Like I said before, I've seen those two charts before, but it doesn't FEEL like its true.
I'm not trying to make Nintendo look bad, Nintendo takes up most of my life, I love it, I'm just having a discussion :P

So you take out your anger and jealousy of other consoles on the Wii?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you