By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is doing great- But they should really step up their act.

I'm a long time Nintendo fan, and Wii lover (haha,) but latley its been bugging me about Nintendo's third party support. Yes, we can all look at charts and say "Oh, Nintendo has great third party support," but we're just lying to ourselves. 90% of games on Nintendo consoles that are big sellers are Nintendo games. We have slight help from Capcom and what not, but we need more.

Nintendo needs to grab in more kinds of gamers, and the first step is to get current-gen graphics. What are your thoughts?

Around the Network

Your in the minority until people stop buying Wii games.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Phoenix_Wiight said:

I'm a long time Nintendo fan, and Wii lover (haha,) but latley its been bugging me about Nintendo's third party support. Yes, we can all look at charts and say "Oh, Nintendo has great third party support," but we're just lying to ourselves. 90% of games on Nintendo consoles that are big sellers are Nintendo games. We have slight help from Capcom and what not, but we need more.

Nintendo needs to grab in more kinds of gamers, and the first step is to get current-gen graphics. What are your thoughts?

Now, if you're done talking out of your arse I'm going to move on to a useful topic.

Awesome graphs, WOW.

It's nice if Nintendo helps 3rd parties, but if 3rd parties don't want to cash in then it's their own fault. They're just too afraid to take risks, most of the 3rd parties that have tried so far were rewarded for it. Some companies that haven't tried at all but released some crappy games have been rewarded anyways. I think the first step should obviously be to put a main resident evil game on the Wii.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

There are some good 3rd party games comming this spring/summer on Wii Ware ( Lost Winds and World of Goo).

Consoles LTD, end 2009, end 2010 - prediction

Wii -  68 million, 90 million - Wii HD in late 2011 - $249

360 - 38 million, 47 million - 720 in late 2010 - $299

PS3 - 31 million, 43 million - slim PS3 in mid 2009 - $299 

You say they need to step up their act. Yet Wii is doing amazingly well. How is it Nintendo that needs to step up its act? It's 3rd parties that need to do so. Unless you are suggesting Nintendo should pay 3rd parties not even to make games for Wii but to even make good games.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Phoenix_Wiight said:

Nintendo needs to grab in more kinds of gamers, and the first step is to get current-gen graphics. What are your thoughts?

How do you suppose they do that? Make a new console?Half of the wiis software sales are 3rd party so I don't know where you got that 90% from. 

I was going to say the same thing that "tuoyo" did.

Another thing -- and it has been said many times here -- is that games are planned 12-24 months in advance.

Everyone bet on the PS3 and Xbox 360. And those bets were wrong. Now they are having to change. And that takes time. But with the volume of units sold, third-parties ignore the Wii at their own peril.

Mike from Morgantown

Proud Wii owner for over 1 year.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

You lost me after the "Wii needs current-gen" graphics part. How long did it take for the 360 to get great 3rd party titles? 9/07. A year and some change after the 360 launch. You can take that with a grain of salt, but what do you want? I think you want better(underline) 3rd party games released more frequently. There is no point in me saying all the 8.0-9.5 games the Wii has because most won't meet your interests. I know the wait for E3 is unbearable and you want games now, but you must wait until May 20th, then E3 in July. By that time WiiWare will be released with about 50+ "small" games on it. If what Nintendo announces at E3 doesn't please you, I can only say get Rygar in August. That's as close as you can get to a game like God of War. Developers just realized the Wii existed. Now they are trying to make up for turning their backs. Finally, it usually takes at least 8 months+ to make a videogame.

I'm OUTIE!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."