By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM: Tecmo Bowl announced for Wii DS, Castlevania Wii and HD (3D) coming?

I wonder if they're trying to say:

"a 2d Castlevania for the Wii and DS, plus a 3d one for the 360 and PS3"
or
"a new Castlevania for the Wii and DS, plus some 3d game for the 360 and PS3"

In any case, I'm moderately optimistic. I liked some of the older Castlevanias, but the series was one of those that didn't do too well in the jump to 3d. Going back to its roots on the DS seems to have worked well enough, so a 2d console version would be quite logical.

Around the Network

Great news!
I hope that a 2D castlevania is so good that Capcom will make a 2D Mega Man. 3D is nice, but some franchises belong in 2D.

Koji Igarashi said that the he wanted to make the best 3D Castlevania game he can

No PS2 version of Castlevania = the Wii version won't be a PS2 port with waggle = WIN. I enjoy the 2D Castlevania games, so here's hoping they can deliver.

The bigger news, though, I believe, is Blast Works. That's, what, an A-/B+ average? Could we have a sleeper hit on our hands?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Really hope they don't much up the Tecmo Bowl gameplay. If they make Tecmo Bowl... exaactly as it was... but with trading... or maybe even drafting i'd be the happiest guy ever.

Around the Network

for what is blast works?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
for what is blast works?

It's a Wii exclusive.

EDIT: And third-party, too! Surprisingly, developed by little-known development house BudCat and published by notorious shovelware pusher Majesco Games.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

wow, blast works got a REAL good review. I might just have to buy it now. And boo for mario kart's review. I plan on getting that soon, hard to imagine it getting hit so hard.

Tecmo Bowl + Castlevania = WIN, Tecmo super bowl 3 is the only football game i play

damn I would prefer a 2D game too.

Wow, so the Tecmo Bowl game is actually a reality. If Tecmo bowl is actually good, do you think the Wii could have two great football games this year? (This and Madden....well kinda, lol)

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY