By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will probably never play GTA IV?

Lots of posts from people saying they can't wait to play it but...

Who here has no interest in the game and is very unlikely going to ever play it?

Strange that I completed GTA, GTA London and GTA2 when it was tiny little men and top down view but since then I have no interest at all in this game.

I've tried all versions since on PC, PS2 and XBOX, PSP and even GBA, but within 30 minutes I lose interest.

I've got no idea why because the idea of roaming around a city doing almost anything you want sound great fun.

Anyone else?

Around the Network

I have no interest in the game, but chances are one of my buddies will let/force me to play it. It sounds okay, but its not my kind of game.

Me, probably. I have no particular interest in open-world games, mostly because they're usually 10-20 hours of content padded with 30-40 hours of tedious backtracking, searching, and killing random enemies.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I think the real question is.. how many PS360 owners will never buy this game.

If you are a Wii owner only and a Nintendo lover who have no plan to get a HD console, clearly this isn't a question for you.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I will probably never play the game. If I see it I might play it, but without a friend or sibling to get the game (and a console to boot) I will not get the chance to play this game. I am not terribly sad about that prospect to be honest.

Around the Network

If it comes to PC, I'll play it for the same reason I played GTA: VC on my PC.....to drive around and just goof off.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Garcian Smith said:
Me, probably. I have no particular interest in open-world games, mostly because they're usually 10-20 hours of content padded with 30-40 hours of backtracking, searching, and killing random enemies.

Am I wrong that your avatar, NMH also consist of open-world where you do mindless jobs for money??? I'm just a little confused about what you are saying here.

After all, not up to me to call you a hypocrite. :) 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I played the first 3 GTAs, then I lost complete interest in the series. It's just too boring to do side-stuff in GTA, knowing that it won't change a thing in the game, kind of like Oblivion.

I probably won't play it, haven't played any of the others. It used to be because my parents said I couldn't, but now they just don't interest me at all.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Me, the last 3GTA(III, SA and VC) are the same to GTAIV, and I knew a lot of people that NEVER play the history.

Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"