By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 30 Exclusives for the wii this year - Read on (and see why you need a wii)

Made some major updates to the main post today. To keep the list closer to 20, I pulled out all titles that were already released in the US and moved those plus many other titles a second list without pictures. Everything in the first 20 should now have at least one picture. While updating the thread, I noticed several games now have more accurate release dates and I adjusted the order by release date, except for Wii music which is now scheduled for October.

Around the Network
davygee said:
How many Mario games can Nintendo release in one year...I counted 6 titles out of your 30 for the Wii....taking it a step too far.
It's called milking a name... MS is making a Halo RTS and an as of yet unknown game with Halo involved... So they're catching up lol

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
davygee said:
How many Mario games can Nintendo release in one year...I counted 6 titles out of your 30 for the Wii....taking it a step too far.
It's called milking a name... MS is making a Halo RTS and an as of yet unknown game with Halo involved... So they're catching up lol

Plus they are all under different genres.  You have a sports (soccer) game, a fighting game, a platform game, a puzzle game, and a party game...  Some of them, like ssbb are hardly worth calling it a "Mario" game. I mean, you could call it a Mettal Gear Solid game too, because it also has Snake it.

One Piece, and Naruto should not be on that list. It doesn't matter how good the shows are, those games are... not good.

Also Namco Museum or whatever that is, maybe put games like MySims in there instead, or if that was left out due to being on both Wii/DS, then perhaps Harvest Moon should go up

Around the Network

What is it about this DQ:S thing. Seriously, more than one person played the game. All but ONE of them said it was a good game, and ONE guy From 1up who noone should really be surprised has something negative to say about the game, and its held up as gospel.

Why does everyone ignore all of the other people that said the game was enjoyable, then focus on the ONE person who had something negative to say? He said the game was to easy, and he was playing the beginning of the game. Noone knows what the difficulty curve in this game is once you get past the first 15 minutes of gameplay... I find it mind boggling how quickly people are willing to just completely write off a game. 

The main reason that Dragon Quest isn't on either list, is it isn't expected to be released in NA until 2008.

I just noticed that I missed one wii exclusive game: Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Keep the suggestions coming for what to add and what to take out.

Looking at the exclusive lists for wii vs the other consoles, it's clear that the wii has the most exclusives! Unfortunately it also has a higher % of low quality exclusives, so you have to be more careful in picking a title...

Update:  I noticed that IGN is listing Final Fantasy Crystal Chonicles as TBA 2007 for the US.  I'll be adding that to the list..   Was skipped previously because wasn't expected until 2008.

I wonder  if E3 is going to bring any additional wii exclusives for 2007...?

DarkD said:
You know Reaver that is just inciting me to get pissed off at you and talk trash about your console. In the future just stick on topic, which if you have forgotten, is describing the upcoming Wii exclusives.

why should you get pissed its just my opinion !! and as i said its a good line up but to my TASTE of games not as good as the other ones simple as that

and what is the nead to talk trash about any console i dont even have a next gen console, thats the reason im interested in all the 3 treads with the exclusive lineups to see were i shold put my money in

from this line up im interested in 2 or 3 games plus zelda and sonic already released if at least these 2 are at a budjet price in time for cristhmas il buy a wii 

Xyrax said:

What is it about this DQ:S thing. Seriously, more than one person played the game. All but ONE of them said it was a good game, and ONE guy From 1up who noone should really be surprised has something negative to say about the game, and its held up as gospel.

Why does everyone ignore all of the other people that said the game was enjoyable, then focus on the ONE person who had something negative to say? He said the game was to easy, and he was playing the beginning of the game. Noone knows what the difficulty curve in this game is once you get past the first 15 minutes of gameplay... I find it mind boggling how quickly people are willing to just completely write off a game.

That 1UP guy,and it wasn't just 1 but I assume you mean Shane, is playing Pokemon more than anything right now and loves his DS.  

Who is saying great things about it? 

1. January 15 - WarioWare: Smooth Moves - good reveiws
  2. February 15 - Wii Play - mixed reviews
  3. February 20 - Sonic and the Secret Rings - mixed reviews
  4. Feb 27 - SSX Blur - mixed reviews
  5. April 9 - Super Paper Mario 8 - good reveiws
  6. May 29 - Mario Party 8 - mixed reveiws (good if you don't have a previous version

That's on the first post.  If you are trying to tell me Wii Play is "mixed reviews" then I guess every game in the world is mixed reviews.  It averaged 58%.

Sonic was only 69%.

SSX Blur was only 73%, so I that's getting close to being able to claim "mixed."

Mario Party 8 averaged 67%.

I would say 3 of these games received BAD reviews.  So far, the only 2 Wii games with great reviews are Zelda (94.6%) and Paper Mario (86.4%).

Warioware is third at 81.7%, which I would say was mixed reviews because a lot of people got tired of it rather quickly.