By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars alpha testing spotted on Xbox Live

We've been receiving reports for the last few days that a Halo Wars alpha is floating around on Xbox Live. Now, thanks to 360Sync, we have picture proof of its existence. For whatever reason, the alpha has the title "Sway," though it's clearly the Halo Wars alpha according to the status message underneath. What does this mean to the common gamer? Well, not much really. Keeping in mind that an alpha test can precede a final product by many, many months -- the Halo 3 beta came out four months before the final release -- this doesn't mean we're that much closer to seeing Halo Wars hit the shelves. Still, who knows, maybe a public beta is in the works for Halo Wars. At the very least we should have a demo to look forward to. In the meantime, we'll just have to be jealous of those lucky alpha testers.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04/18/halo-wars-alpha-spotted-on-xbox-live/

Since the game's clearly complete enough for testing, I'd put my money on a public beta in a few months.  I really don't know what to make of this game--I love Halo but can never get into RTS' for the life of me.  It does look quite fun and authentic to the series, so I'll definitely give it a try so I can get some backstory on the Halo-verse.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

"OMG, one of our members is already playing GTA4. Lucky lucky dude.
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=SleepWaker"

eagleseye379 found this^^^

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:

"OMG, one of our members is already playing GTA4. Lucky lucky dude.
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=SleepWaker"

eagleseye379 found this^^^

He already has 7 achievements too! 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

This isn't unexpected. What I'm wondering is if those lucky people playing the Alpha are using '360motes?'

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^^^^^
in your imagination

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
^^^^^
in your imagination
Lol. 

I would ADORE a one-to-one motion sensing device with a Halo RTS.  Especially one made by the sudio behind Age of Empires.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

'Sway' controller?

Wouldn't keyboard and mouse support be much easier and actually have a confirmed precise controls?

A few things:

1. Please God, don't let this game suck.
2. Please Microsoft, rip off the Wiimote for this game.
3. Following #2 will seriously help #1 become a reality.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Its fake!

Status' don't say Matchmaking Solo Playing "the" Halo Wars alpha

Playing Gears of War (Not "Playing The Gears of War")

Playing Rock Band (Not "Playing The Rock Band")

Edited to make it clearer

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)