By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why dose the wii sell so well?

Dont get me wrong i have nothing aginst the wii I was just thinking the other systems had stronger games.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

And some Wii exclusives: IR pointing and a speaker in the remote.

The speaker in the remote is possibly my favorite feature outside of the motion controls. So many subtle sounds can enhance the mood and my personal feeilng of immersion in a game, from a nice racket "thwack" in tennis to the "klachink" of unsheathing my sword in Zelda, or having to hold it to my ear like it's a phone to hear a secret message in No More Heroes or Red Steel.

And IR pointing has brought home that arcade magic of budget on-rails shooters like Ghost Squad, House of the Dead, Umbrella Chronicles, Medal of Honor Heroes, Link's Crossbow Training, and who knows what else next.

Not to mention regular FPS action like Metroid Prime 3 and whatnot.

And I forgot to mention earlier, cheaper development, cheaper devkits, shorter development cycles. All 3 of these will lead to about 289057190578 more games than the other 2 consoles combined. That's what wins every console war.

it looks fun, is a gadget, and kids love it, and parents buy it.. nice price, swinging with you arms and stuff, got nothing to do with great games like Metroid or MK or Zelda cause those games where practically the same on the GameCube and are bought by the hardcore Nintendo fans just like they bought them on the GC............................... it's the kids and their families that like it

''Hadouken!''

Everstar said:
Dont get me wrong i have nothing aginst the wii I was just thinking the other systems had stronger games.

Well, I agree the 360 has stronger games. I dunno what the PS3 has that can stack up against any of the other systems though. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Everstar said:

Defined stronger

Around the Network
Ajax said:
it looks fun, is a gadget, and kids love it, and parents buy it.. nice price, swinging with you arms and stuff, got nothing to do with great games like Metroid or MK or Zelda cause those games where practically the same on the GameCube and are bought by the hardcore Nintendo fans just like they bought them on the GC............................... it's the kids and their families that like it
bbbbut  I thought it was the old people in retirement homes who only bought the wii?????/sarcasm.

no, i don't see many grandpa's buying a Wii to play with grandma.. they might buy it for their grandchildren though

''Hadouken!''

eventhough Nintendo might want you to believe that :P

''Hadouken!''

Everstar said:

Maybe I just don't know the PS3 and 360 library...?  I have a wii, and I am happy with it, so I haven't really been following them much...  don't have enough time to really follow the other consoles that have tons of FPS that I rarely like, etc.

What game is stronger for fitness training than wii fit?

What game is stronger for brain training then big brain acadamy?

What game is stronger for party games then the games on the wii?

What game is stronger for puzzles than Zack and  Wiki?

What game is stronger in SRPG than fire emblem?

etc...   I am sure the PS3 and 360 are stronger in some areas, but in total, the wii has it's stregths too.

Well by stronger i mean like more high market games like Cod4 GTA4 Brawl and stuff and the wii dosent have very many of those compared to the 360 and what the Ps3 will come out with this year

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)