By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA 360 ad 3 times in Major EU prime time

I sat and watched one of the biggest sport events in Europe yearly last night. Manchester United vs Barcelona. I think big Champions league games get around 40 million viewings EU wide. And they dont come bigger than this. All 3 were the same, 1 before, 1 half time and 1 at the end. At the end of each was a great big 360 159.99. No PS3 logo in sight. This was a perfect marketing time for MS to maximise sales in Europe.  Also today in Game as soon as you go in the front door what was there? GTA4 360 boxes with a row of Arcade 360's wth 159.99 across the front.  I think we may see a surge of 360's in Eu over next 4 weeks. What do you think?

Around the Network

lets see what happens, I don't think it'll do much...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

the 360 has been out for so long in europe, why would it suddenly surge now?

Sony actually is an official sponsor of the Champions League, and the European Chanpionship this June will be a lot bigger, both Sony and MS should have ads ready for that tournement, and MGS4 will just be out by then too

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
Sony actually is an official sponsor of the Champions League, and the European Chanpionship this June will be a lot bigger, both Sony and MS should have ads ready for that tournement, and MGS4 will just out by then too
Yes Sony is. But TV companies do the ads in between (It was Sky Sports 2). Also why mention Euro (UK wont be watching), I'm on about GTA4 maximization.

Around the Network

why not mention Euro 2008 when that's gonna be bigger than the Olympics in Europe and another chance for MS to reach many people at once

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
why not mention Euro 2008 when that's gonna be bigger than the Olympics in Europe and another chance for MS to reach many people at once
Because it's off topic. I'm on about GTA4 maximizing sales for 360 in EU. And Champions League was a good call on MS account. 

I have already seen a few of these
However, this was on sky, so there would have been less coverage than if it was on ITV on Wednesday for Chelsea vs Liverpool

Munkeh111 said:
I have already seen a few of these
However, this was on sky, so there would have been less coverage than if it was on ITV on Wednesday for Chelsea vs Liverpool
Not so. Because this was watchable live all over EU. MU v BAR would have had much bigger viewing numbers. Liverpool v Chelsea would only really be viewed live by English supporters. Spain would have had big numbers for Barcelona. And the option for other countries to watch live to. MS chose the right game definately.

Either way, it seems Microsoft was serious when they said they'd pump some dollars into promoting GTAIV on the 360. Either way, Rockstar must be loving this slugging match between Microsoft and Sony trying to advertise the game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS