By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Chart Track 5/26

I've been seeing the ads on the NBA playoffs. I don't know about the UK.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure even Cooking Mama includes both the Wii and DS games. UK charts are weird. Increasingly impressive showing for Nintendo in the UK, no surprise. 4 Nintendo exclusives + Tiger Woods (which is certainly propelled by the Wii version) in the top 10. Sonic Secret Rings jumps back into the top 20... This game is not the bomb some labeled it at release....

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

PS3 certainly faltering here. Motorstorm out of the top 40. And Europe is supposedly PS3's strongest market?

I hate movie games. They always suck, and they always litter video game stores, and video game libraries. They are almost as bad as sports games. Not quite as bad, but almost.

Funny how the top 2 games just happen to be the 2 worst games on the list, damn movie hype.

Around the Network
sharky said:
PS3 certainly faltering here. Motorstorm out of the top 40. And Europe is supposedly PS3's strongest market?

It is. Just like The US was the Gamecube's strongest market, and yet they only managed to sell 12.8 million consoles there

I suspect the UK tradition of bundling multiplatform titles into a single sales chart entity stems from the early days of videogames there, when the same title would often be released on a pretty broad variety of then-viable home computer platforms. Trying to parse out a title's overall market success in the Oric/Acorn/Amstrad/BBC/Sinclair/Commodore/Dragon era would have made the charts almost meaningless.

3 soccer games in the top ten. Sonic should have 500k sales worlwide. I don´t get why people think it has bombed. The next Sonic games will probably be better, and sell far more,check its sales on GC and PS2

- 3     MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED FOOTBALL      
2 4     COMMAND & CONQUER 3: TIBERIUM WARS      
4 6     WII PLAY      
9 7     DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING      
10 17     FINAL FANTASY III      
- 18     PONY FRIENDS      
26 20     SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS      
19 21     NEW SUPER MARIO BROS.      
31 23     POKEMON RANGER      
8 25     CRACKDOWN      
12 26     SINGSTAR POP HITS      
16 28     BUZZ! THE MEGA QUIZ      
15 29     GOD OF WAR II      
- 30     METAL GEAR SOLID PORTABLE OPS      
23 32     MEDAL OF HONOR: VANGUARD      
- 35     NINTENDOGS: DALMATIAN & FRIENDS      
24 37     GEARS OF WAR      
39 38     THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS      
35 39     RATCHET & CLANK: SIZE MATTERS      

I've removed the multi format games to see how things are selling otherwise.  Mostly DS and Wii with a few PS, PS2 and 360.  No PS3 though!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Yeah, Playstation 3 really needs Metal Gear Solid 4... And fast!