By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why should I buy Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn?

This game seems to be really popular and has great reviews. I was just wondering what the big deal is. I know nothing about this game, so could someone break it down for me? I don't want a link to the huge thread on here already because  I really don't feel like doing all that reading (I'm lazy, I know). So all I know is that it's an RPG. I've never really played an RPG except for Pokemon, so I don't know what to expect. Please educate me on this game, and I'll be very happy.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

Because Ike is in it, I think.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

RolStoppable said:
It's a turnbased strategy RPG which means the focus of the game is on the battles. There is no exploring of an overworld or any walking around in towns. All you do is preparing for an upcoming battle and fighting it.

The game is hard and even the easy difficulty is challenging especially for someone who hasn't played an SRPG before. The death of your party members is permanent, so you either load your last save or accept that your unit is gone for the rest of the game.

The gameplay is very deep and each unit has its own strengths and weaknesses. If you are looking for a real challenge, this is the right game for you. If you are easily frustrated, stay away.

And the story is one of the best out there, not to mention the music is classic.

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

What is an SRPG? Like what does the S stand for? I know I sound stupid, but I seriously don't know.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Honestly, if you havent played an RPG besides Pokemon, let alone your first Fire Emblem game, save your money. Buy another game. The game is very difficult.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

I actually am planning on getting Radiant Dawn in June (after I pick up MKWii, WiiFit and a few WiiWare games) I've heard great things about it. I hope it really is as difficult as people say cause I like RPGs that are challanging and not just about the amount of time you put into leveling up.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Play the GameCube version first. It's not as hard and you'll understand the story better.

@RolStoppable

That actually sounds pretty sweet to me considering the side story/mind numbing random battles to gain experience are usually the part of RPGs I like the least. I'm looking forward to geting Radiant Dawn more and more the more I hear about it.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

SJGohan3972 said:

@RolStoppable

That actually sounds pretty sweet to me considering the side story/mind numbing random battles to gain experience are usually the part of RPGs I like the least. I'm looking forward to geting Radiant Dawn more and more the more I hear about it.

Oh, you say that now, but when forty minutes of playing get wasted because your archer gets beat down by the last enemy paladin, you'll be singing a different tune!

By which I mean the Fire Emblem series is pure awesome in electronic form. Although I haven't played Radiant Dawn yet, so I can't comment about it specifically. 

Oh, and to the original poster, listen to RolStoppable about staying away if you're not at least partially a masochist. 

@Rol

I dare you to try and say that every unit has strengths and weaknesses with Shinon around. At least for me he had beastly defense, attack, hps, movement, attack range, dodge and critical strike chance. I would send him to do what it took 4 lesser people to do solo because he would barely get scratched. He would humiliate anything that dared attack him and crush anything he attacked.

@OP

The game has a really fun story and great gameplay. The map layout of the game is great, and the characters are very fun. The game isn't too hard on easy, but on anything higher it is completely unforgiving. I would recomend you try a less harsh SRPG for the first time though. Fire Emblem is great, but you have to be patient enough to work through it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229