By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Preditcion: The end of the Wii

omg ps3 will sell 10m copies in a day
guys we better watch out

Around the Network

Lol its hard to tell who sounds stupider in this thread. The fanboys or the ones attacking the fanboys.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

It's sad, but true. I saw it coming, but didn't want to be accused of crying wolf. The Wii's on its last legs. Mario Kart won't even sell in America because we'll all be busy playing GTA4 for the rest of our lives. The entire industry will collapse, because gaming will have reached its pinnacle.

Oh wait... this isn't about StarCraft 2?

What the fuck are you smoking man?

Chrizum said:
I agree with Leo-J.

Think about it, the entire Wii audience was just waiting for GTA 4. Since GTA 4 is not coming to the Wii, there's absolutely no reason why anyone would still want a Wii.

It's basic math, really.

entire wii audience wants GTAIV? I bet less than 10% want it!

Guys, GTA ONLY appeals to the hardcore crowd. Most of the non-gamers/casual or semi-hardcore (meaning they only play certain game genres hardcore-like, but not what the mainstream plays like shooters and what-not) really don't give a shit for games like GTA (like I do; if you want to live the life of a thug and gangster, go watch Gangland on the History Channel and do some crimes around town). GTA doesn't appeal to EVERYONE, only a NICHE group of people who are a dying breed of gamers. I certainly don't give a flipping damn for games like GTA. I'd rather watch Teletubbies or Barney.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

This is my prediction, GTA will kill the wii.

Kill-the-Wii! Drink its blood! Kill-the-Wii! Drink its blood!

psrock said:
TheSource said:

1) Wii is selling better than a system that had multiple GTAs (PS2) so why would one GTA change the trend?

2) Wii does well in Japan. PS3/360 don't.

3) No matter how good GTAIV is it can't have the genre-defining impact of GTA III. Same is true for fighters after Street Fighter 2, platformers after Mario 64, shooters after Halo/Goldeneye 007, RPGs after Final Fantasy VII, etc.

4) Wii Fit is coming.

5) PS3 is $400/$500. 360 is $280/$350/$400. Wii is $250.

why did you have to go and bring common sense to this thread, shame on you.

DANG, BEAT ME TO IT.

I thought that would work. Sorta applies to what Leo is doing.

I agree with TheSource. He is the source for truthiness.

@fishyjoe,

your numbers are all off, I have it on good authority from my friends at PS-Triple Analysis™ Inc that this is the way things will go down:

As you can see, on the release date of GTA IV an 3lite group of sony programmers will finally learn the secrets of teh cell tapping into 360% of its power allowing them to time travel and retro actively beat wii sales. In effect, what sony has been saying all along is true...the PS3 has been winning this generation...we just had to wait for the dilutationisms to wear off so we could see the effects of this enormous breakthrough.

This graph stops short of the second half of 2008 because it is realized that nobody actually understands the potential of the cell and my insiders feel it would be presumptious to guess at such thing which could potentially anger teh cell and cause retribution on their families.

To Each Man, Responsibility
leo-j said:

Its only a matter of time, (SHAMS this )

I predict my biggest and best prediction yet.

GTA 4 will kill the wii, and sales will drop for the system, the 360 will seem like its made a huge comeback and likely outsell the wii World wide (with the exception of japan) as for the PS3 I will say it will fall under the 360 and probably match wii sales world wide.

This all comes with this:

GTA is the game that made the ps2, it will define this gen, and will redeem us of this drought.

The wii is a great console, but not one that deserves these sales, I am expecting that GTA 4 will bring the PS3 up and 360 much higher than halo 3 achieved.

This is my prediction, GTA will kill the wii.

Yeah, I thought you left never to return? Nice to see you back anyway :)

Well - time will tell. I haven't played GTA4 (yet), but no HD title I have seen or played to date has come close to convincing me that the Wiis days are over. It has to NOT be about graphics -  but rather gameplay itself.

The question is - apart from graphics, how much better is GTA4 than say San Andreas (which could be done on the Wii easily)? 

GTA4 *could* kill the Wii - its definitely possible (just very unlikely). Its just as possible that WiiFit kills GTA4 ;) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

GTA also killed the DS, its a known fact its been dea... WAIT BE RIGHT BACK... I gotta finish off this boss on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:RoF!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000