By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best indie games 5 euro..ish or under.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Some of my games that were under 5€:

Pony Island. Don't let the name fool (foal?) you, this isn't a game for little girls; hard to tell you more without spoiling anything apart that it's mostly a puzzle game.

Plants vs Zombies. Careful, you won't see the time fly by...

DLC Quest, a short but great game that mocks DLCs and brings them to their logical conclusion, horse armor included

Snowball! Imagine your neighbourly park fully snowed over and as a flipper table, perfect for small breaks

There are also several games that are even completely free that are worth more than just a look. Here's two that have always been free (so not old games that have become freeware after several years of commercial sales):

Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius is a mix of VN and pretty challenging turn-based tactics gameplay with mechas and spaceships that will challenge you quite a bit and comes with a high production value.

Pathos is basically NetHack with 16-bit style graphics and some QoL additions and changes. Also available for mobile phones.

I can only find reviews for Pony Island and Plants V Zombies and they're glowing well enough. Sunrider Mask of arcadius seems to be free to play. I'll those two to the list. Thank you very much.

Perhaps there might actually be something to this and perhaps a pool of great games hidden under this price point. 

Around the Network

Evorales (4.99). Not the prettiest danmaku in the world, but it has excellent gameplay and music.

Player2 said:

Evorales (4.99). Not the prettiest danmaku in the world, but it has excellent gameplay and music.

I found but one review but a good many glowing user suggestions in threads. I'll accept it. Thanks for contributing. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Some of my games that were under 5€:

Pony Island. Don't let the name fool (foal?) you, this isn't a game for little girls; hard to tell you more without spoiling anything apart that it's mostly a puzzle game.

Plants vs Zombies. Careful, you won't see the time fly by...

DLC Quest, a short but great game that mocks DLCs and brings them to their logical conclusion, horse armor included

Snowball! Imagine your neighbourly park fully snowed over and as a flipper table, perfect for small breaks

There are also several games that are even completely free that are worth more than just a look. Here's two that have always been free (so not old games that have become freeware after several years of commercial sales):

Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius is a mix of VN and pretty challenging turn-based tactics gameplay with mechas and spaceships that will challenge you quite a bit and comes with a high production value.

Pathos is basically NetHack with 16-bit style graphics and some QoL additions and changes. Also available for mobile phones.

I can only find reviews for Pony Island and Plants V Zombies and they're glowing well enough. Sunrider Mask of arcadius seems to be free to play. I'll those two to the list. Thank you very much.

Perhaps there might actually be something to this and perhaps a pool of great games hidden under this price point. 

It's actually freeware, so no potential costs anywhere down the road like it's the case with free to play

Bofferbrauer2 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It's actually freeware, so no potential costs anywhere down the road like it's the case with free to play

Cool. Seems great but for the purposes of this there has to be an expense even if it's only one cent. Cost to fun ratio is one of the fascinating things about this topic and how some devs are willing to undervalue their work even after hitting success. While adding free games would be devs undervaluing their work and expand the list, the cost to fun ratio is automatically high. 

These are true salt of the earth indie projects, not like the indies we get today that more so fill the AA spaced hole where that used to be pricing themselves at 30 euro sometimes. 

Around the Network

Not sure of their original price, but I got both of these picross games pretty cheap.

Piczle Cross Adventure (has a story line and top down, 2D adventure elements)
PictoQuest (has RPG elements, as you solve the puzzles to battle enemies)

I can not stress enough how fun Brotato is people, at 4.99. I bought Metaphor Refantazio for 69.99 and it's a game so hopelessly addicting I sat down for an hour yesterday and ended up realising I was over eight hours deep before finishing my session an hour later and this little game is actually competing with it. I find myself thinking more about this than Metaphor of which one I want to play. I got three more now from the list and I still can't pull myself away from another run of Brotato.

drbunnig said:

Not sure of their original price, but I got both of these picross games pretty cheap.

Piczle Cross Adventure (has a story line and top down, 2D adventure elements)
PictoQuest (has RPG elements, as you solve the puzzles to battle enemies)

PictoQuest is legit with great reviews at 6.99 on ps4. 

Piczle cross adventure is unfortunately is hitting too high at 9.99. Another two I've noticed that price the game higher on Switch over steam for some reason which is an emerging trend which isn't true for PS/XB. Thank btw, looks like a goodun. 

Found another 5 euro title which happens to be another Horde survivor. 20 minutes til Dawn, great reception.

And another three in Blooddome99 (4.99) and Death Must die (4.99) God of weapons (6.99).