By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flawed games that you love anyway

Rune Factory: Frontier

The rune mechanic is awful, so I cheated and made them infinite. My most played Wii game

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was amazing.

The simple gameplay, the stunning soundtrack... It has that nostalgic feeling even when playing it for the first time.

Mystic Quest had bangers.

Easy no brainer would be Sonic 06. I have no problem playing through Sonic's story to his day. 

I won't list dump this time.  Depending on the success of the thread will post more later. Right now.

Gungrave games. They're misunderstood by some. They are meant to be simple but also highly rewarding of skill. Not as in-depth as a DMC by any means. But a similar idea of the more stylish you are in combat the higher the score. That is the idea to chain attacks and get a high score. Arcade ideals. I love the first on PS2. Overdose has issues. GORE I adore. it launched with some problems but the game has been patched to hell and back to make it so much better. Switch version has new costumes and characters.  I love GORE. I platinumed it. Not saying it's perfect even after all the patches and fixes. It's still a simple game that is meant to be played on higher difficulties. It can be dull if not playing to the style of the game and it's easy to not to. So I get some of the hate. If you know how to style the game and chain attacks it's a blast for arcade and PS2 era shooter fans. Anime came after the PS2 games. It's a slow burn of mostly anime mob stuff.

Series has fallen to mostly obscurity even with GORE coming out. Even tho the creator is the same as Trigun. It never took off the way that series did. It was a modest success on PS2 getting a sequel and anime. RED Entertainment developed them known for making the SEGA Sakura Wars series. They also did Lords of Thunder on PC Engine. Thousand Arms PS1. Nostalgia on DS and a lot more. Most associate them with Sakura Wars. I just think of Gungrave. A flawed, simple but fun as hell series. Esp 1 and GORE. (VR game not played as that does look awful)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

EricFabian said:

Rune Factory: Frontier

The rune mechanic is awful, so I cheated and made them infinite. My most played Wii game

Also my most played Wii game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Even the best games are somewhat flawed but I'll go with MGS5, it's flawed near the end of the game, the story is flawed as a metal Gear game and both feel like the devs ran out of time and money and polished what they had to the poin tthat you have to repeat missions on a harder difficulty to reach the end of the games story but it doesn't matter. I played 250 hours for the platinum and I was still having fun. Gameplay wise it is just perfect. And despite the glaring flaws I'd still give it a 10/10 cause what you don't have is so easily over lockable to what you do have, the greatest stealth action game ever made.

Around the Network

Skies of Arcadia. The game is a bit generic in terms of story, the characters are solid (but not great) and there is a bit too many random battles. However, I love the game. There is simply something charging about the world and main characters. Just an amazing experience. I want a remake so bad.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

GBA/DS Pokemon: A thread

Some games I like more because of its flaws, like Smash Bros Melee. But those type of games are usually considered good rather than flawed as a general description. Super Mario world is another game i like because of strange glitches that is fun to me. But what I think this thread is after is games that are generally considered flawed that we still like.
Pokémon Snap and Donkey Konga Is a couple of games I think I enjoyed more than most and they can definitely be considered flawed. In Donkey Konga for example it is possible to slam down on both bongos for all notes except claps without penalty for example making the best tactic boring.

Most B tier JRPGs, I dont wanna list them cause theres too many. But its a genre I enjoy quite a lot so I can see past their flaws and enjoy them for what they are.

The fight lights out was a boxing game on ps3 using move controller. Hated by critics got a real low score everywhere below 50 if I remember correctly. I loved the shit out of that game, beat it so many times, was also an excellent exercise. Never understood the scores it got