By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Nintendo finally back to being a powerhouse?

@ Fishmaphone: I'm 15 years too! But do you notice?! I believe no-one did!...

Posting wise i believe i'm quite on par with the most of you. Which would assume i'm like 20. But i'm not. I'm a child. In 3th year of highschool. First homeconsole was the N64. Was born in the early 90's. Gameboy pocket was my first encounter with Nintendo... And it never wore of! Too date: Im a hardcore Nintendo gamer. Tracking all games and software/hardware sales 24/7. Some of my classmates think im crazy ... But they respect it!

And on top of that: IM DUTCH! Can it get more crazy?!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
I think Gamecube has defeated the Xbox by now. Xbox died about a year ago, but I still see Gamecubes for sale.

Nope, The box has just under 25 million and the Cube is just under 22

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

El Duderino said:
Yes Nintendo is back for good, I don´t need any data to prove it, anybody who knows action movies knows how it goes: Nintendo was the best in the land but beeing best made him arrogant and then new fighter challenged and beat him, stealing his girl (3rd parties). But then came a 80 montage scene where nintendo did some pushups and jogged through a coold forest or city. What we are seeing now is the epic end-fight.  Is Nintendo going to win ??? Of course it will, but maybe the ending will leave room for a sequel: NextGenWars2: The Return of SEGA

Haha that was awesome.  I would love to have Sega come back.

Oh god scary children of the 90s!  86 ftw!  I agree that the N64 had 3 of the best games of all time (assuming you meant Goldeney, Occarina of Time, and Mario 64) and it's still one of my favorite systems of all time. 

More on topic, yes Nintendo is back and power.  I hope they don't get arrogant again (so far they haven't).  I DO want them to win this generation, rather than tie the other 2 companies for 1 major reason: Nintendo can't just tie the others if they want 3rd party support.  They have to win.  The other 2 can at least hold on to some 3rd party support with 20-30% of the market but for quality 3rd party Nintendo games they need to have a commanding lead.  I don't think anyone is going to come close to dethroning them over the next 5 or 6 years, then they will have something new.

DKII said:
Nintendo is certainly getting cocky again, that's for sure.

How is nintendo any more cocky than the competition? Are they not allowed to be anything more than a passive speed bump in road of gaming?

Answer to title question depends on whether or not the Wii is just a fad. Only time will tell.

Around the Network

Nintendoes what Sony, Microsoft, and Sega don't.