By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best trailers in gaming

firebush03 said:
S.Peelman said:

Twilight Princess.

I was one year old at the time of this reveal lol. If I were a little bit older, I’m sure this would be my pick knowing how popular this was for the time.

Wman1996 said:

I was 7, almost 8 when the reveal trailer happened at E3 2004. I didn't see the trailer until the early 2010s on YouTube. It's a banger, and I'll pick it as one of the best. That was the day "Grown Men Cried for Zelda."

Such youngsters

I was 16 when that E3 and the trailer came around, and 18, well on the way to 19, when the game released. I don’t think I watched the trailer completely live, but I did watch at least around the time it released.

They made epic trailers for Zelda back then. Ocarina of Time also had a great trailer, but I was 10, maybe 9 when that trailer released so I don’t think I actually saw that until much later or maybe on tv or something.

Around the Network

That Gears of Wars trailer with the Mad World song is goated. Also, most cinematic trailers of WOW expansion are also great, WOTLK trailer is goated.

Jpcc86 said:

That Gears of Wars trailer with the Mad World song is goated. Also, most cinematic trailers of WOW expansion are also great, WOTLK trailer is goated.

Oh my goodness, how could I have forgotten the WOTLK trailer!? Absolutely GOATED. The remaster that came along with WOTLK Classic was beautiful. This trailer also makes me want to see a Warcraft Action RPG.

Xenoblade Chronicles X had some epic trailers

My favourite might be this Mario Odyssey one. The combination of the song, reveal of the super cool main mechanic and brilliant editing made me rewatch it a bunch in the days after it first released.

Around the Network

For me, the answer is easy.  It is the Journey "Accolades" trailer from 2012.  I love the music, and no cut scenes here.

The music in the trailer just blends in perfectly with the game play scenes.  It is so transcendental.

Last edited by BFR - on 24 September 2024

mgs2

The Breath of the Wild trailer that concluded the Switch Presentation early 2017. I still go back and look at that trailer on a regular bases. Tears of the Kingdom was also good, but slightly below that level.