By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Switch 2 Name

Switch 2 or Super Switch

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
jvmkdg said:

Nintendo will copy Sony

Indeed, Sony was the company that invented the number 2.

Fuck! I've been using that number since I was 2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Switch 2 would be the least confusing.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I'd vote for Switch 2 for sure.

Super Switch only appeals to us boomers who remember (and are nostalgic for) the SNES. It'll be Switch 2 or something else.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Switch+

This one would be the least possible for how Phones are named now, Sounds like a Switch XL.

haxxiy said:

Super Switch only appeals to us boomers who remember (and are nostalgic for) the SNES. It'll be Switch 2 or something else.

Never thought that, but it's True, Muy Sad :c

-------------------------

For me could be Switch 2 but I would like something like the 360, maybe Switch 24.

Yassgragra said:

My moneys on Switch NX

I find it unlikely they’ll dump the switch branding and I know they don’t like the conventional numerical naming conventions.

NX has double meaning. Short for NeXt, as in next gen, and a play on the codename for the original Switch.

I think a low chance of that, because that would make it "Su-i-tchi e-nnu-e-ku-su" in Japanese. 8 syllables.
If they just call it "e-nnu-e-ku-su" for short, it's 5 syllables and a bit of an awkward pronounciation.

Japan has a tendency to nickname forreign loanwords/names by shortening them.

Smash Brothers (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ) is = Sma Bra (スマブラ)
Street Fighter 6 (ストリートファイター6) is = Sto 6 (スト6)
PlayStation (プレイステ) is = Pure-Ste (プレイステ)

Last edited by Hiku - on 20 September 2024

Nintendo UltraDolphin Revolution Cafe NX

Everybody’s 1-2 Switch

I kinda like Nintendo Fusion. Sounds kinda nice.