By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

jvmkdg said:

supposed image of the Switch 2 box 

confirmed on Reddit these are fake.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Art style has nothing to do with game size. It's all about resolution ans detailed assets and textures

Astrobot is 66 GB, and it's only a 12 hour game, this is probably where their next 3D Mario is going to. I can totally see next Zelda or Xenoblade going beyond that 

well thats of course considering Nintendo is actually making use of their hardware capabilities. If it's just Switch games in HD then they won't need much storage 

Yeah, that is my point.  I don't see via Nintendo's art style, many games having detailed textures.  

Astrobot is a ps5 game, the S2 isn't a ps5.  It will be more ps4 like.

I don't see games being 60+ gb.  Like at all.  Mario 3D will be 20 gb.  Heck Odyssey is 5 gb.  Nintendo isn't going from 5 gb to 60 gb.  

Is those leaks are true, then it's a slightly weaker Series S. Astrobot can absolutely run 60 FPS on a Series S. Either way, there were many 60 GB games already on PS4, so assuming Nintendo will make use of their own console I expect their major first party reaching at least 40 GB unless their really make some kind of dark magic with file compression

Specs are about what I expected but its launching over a year later than I initially thought. And...it's a fat boy! So a smaller SKU in 2-3 years could give it a more significant sales boost than Switch Lite.

I don't remember what I expected price wise. But I'm guessing $400 is the minimum for the base model. The standard and more popular model will cost $450.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah, that is my point.  I don't see via Nintendo's art style, many games having detailed textures.  

I don't see games being 60+ gb.  Like at all.  Mario 3D will be 20 gb.  Heck Odyssey is 5 gb.  Nintendo isn't going from 5 gb to 60 gb.  

Is those leaks are true, then it's a slightly weaker Series S. Astrobot can absolutely run 60 FPS on a Series S. Either way, there were many 60 GB games already on PS4, so assuming Nintendo will make use of their own console I expect their major first party reaching at least 40 GB unless their really make some kind of dark magic with file compression

Switch's CPU will be a lot weaker than what's inside the Series S though. I think Nintendo's games will target 20-50 GB.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Chrkeller said:

Rift Apart was designed for the ps5 and has very high resolution textures and was 39 gb...  I don't see the average 1st party title being 40 gb.  I think 20 to 30 is a much better estimate for most 1st party titles.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Switch's CPU will be a lot weaker than what's inside the Series S though. I think Nintendo's games will target 20-50 GB.

I think 256 GB still small storage even for 20-50GB range. It's barely enough to fill half dozen games... and that's counting only first parties of course. Third parties are likely going above it 

Chrkeller said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Rift Apart was designed for the ps5 and has very high resolution textures and was 39 gb...  I don't see the average 1st party title being 40 gb.  I think 20 to 30 is a much better estimate for most 1st party titles.  

True, I forgot Rift Apart. PS4 Ratchet is also 20-30GB, maybe this is where Mario is heading to

Random_Matt said:
h2ohno said:

From what I'm seeing, the T239 specs are supposed to be 10 times greater than the Tegra X1 in the Switch, but that doesn't seem to be 100% confirmed. It is definitely a generational leap, which is what was really necessary. Switch 2 is going to be a beast. Hopefully they can keep the price down even with these specs. Ideally, it should be cheaper than the Steam Deck.

It will be a cut down version.

This is a custom for Switch 2 only chip. This is the cut down whatever. The more comparable Tegra chips havd 12 CPU cores. 2049 CUDA cores. So this is it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

IcaroRibeiro said:
Kyuu said:

I think 256 GB still small storage even for 20-50GB range. It's barely enough to fill half dozen games... and that's counting only first parties of course. Third parties are likely going above it 

Agreed.  It will be tight for sure.  And AAA third party will rip 256 gb apart.  Heck the 800 gb on the ps5 is way too small.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Agreed.  It will be tight for sure.  And AAA third party will rip 256 gb apart.  Heck the 800 gb on the ps5 is way too small.

Switch 2 games won't be the size of PS5 games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!