By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

JackHandy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

If true, Nintendo REALLY didn’t want another Wii U situation. The size comparisons with the current Switch and leaked specs just screams “bigger and better”

Making a system that is--at first glance--almost indistinguishable is just as risky. Yes, I know the Switch was a smash success, but in the history of the home console market, only once has there been a scenario where a console succeeded to the levels of the Switch and was followed by an equally (or more) successful one (PS1 and PS2). All the other times, the successors either did okay (SNES), under-performed (PS3), or utterly failed altogether (Wii U). So playing it as safe as Nintendo appears to be playing it ensures nothing, honestly.   

Personally, if this is what the new system is, I'm a little disappointed. I have a Switch. I didn't want another one. I want something new, fresh and exciting. 

But hey, you can't please everyone (and I'll likely buy it anyway).

Every PS console is just a more powerful iteration of the console that came before and they all sold just fine. PS3 suffered from competition and pricing and still sold really well, that's all 

As for Nintendo, all their iterative upgrades did fine. NES to SNES was iterative and did well, it suffered from more competition so they were not as dominant as during NES. Game Boy to GBA is similar, GBA smaller sales are only due to much shorter life cycle to favor DS release

Wii U is by no means an iteration from Wii, it's a very different console

The only iterative console that sold significantly less was DS to 3DS, mostly again for pricing point and competition with smartphones 

Switch won't have competition, so you can rule competition factor out, specially in Japan where no matter what it will sell close to 30 million units. The thing to affect them is pricing, but this is yet to see 

It won't sell as well as base Switch for sure, nonetheless it won't have any major problems to clear 100 million units as long they don't sell it for like 600 USD lol 

Around the Network

Looking at the size difference I'm estimating a prize of USD450/EUR450 now. Hope it gets some neat color options to spice it up a bit in the looks department.

To each their own, but 256 gb is actually pretty good for 1st party games. It will be a problem for third party AAA games, but for 1st party I am not concerned. Nintendo is more cartoon style and I think their huge games will be 30-40 gb. Most others will be 10 to 15 gb. LM3 is 6 gb, even if LM4 triples in size, that is only 18 gb. I don't see Nintendo 1st party games hitting 95 gb like GoW or Final Fantasy.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

JackHandy said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

If true, Nintendo REALLY didn’t want another Wii U situation. The size comparisons with the current Switch and leaked specs just screams “bigger and better”

Making a system that is--at first glance--almost indistinguishable is just as risky. Yes, I know the Switch was a smash success, but in the history of the home console market, only once has there been a scenario where a console succeeded to the levels of the Switch and was followed by an equally (or more) successful one (PS1 and PS2). All the other times, the successors either did okay (SNES), under-performed (PS3), or utterly failed altogether (Wii U). So playing it as safe as Nintendo appears to be playing it ensures nothing, honestly.   

Personally, if this is what the new system is, I'm a little disappointed. I have a Switch. I didn't want another one. I want something new, fresh and exciting. 

But hey, you can't please everyone (and I'll likely buy it anyway).

That's a fair point! Leaks like this also does remind me of the supposed Switch controller "leak" in 2016 lol

Chrkeller said:

To each their own, but 256 gb is actually pretty good for 1st party games. It will be a problem for third party AAA games, but for 1st party I am not concerned. Nintendo is more cartoon style and I think their huge games will be 30-40 gb. Most others will be 10 to 15 gb. LM3 is 6 gb, even if LM4 triples in size, that is only 18 gb. I don't see Nintendo 1st party games hitting 95 gb like GoW or Final Fantasy.

Art style has nothing to do with game size. It's all about resolution ans detailed assets and textures

Astrobot is 66 GB, and it's only a 12 hour game, this is probably where their next 3D Mario is going to. I can totally see next Zelda or Xenoblade going beyond that 

well thats of course considering Nintendo is actually making use of their hardware capabilities. If it's just Switch games in HD then they won't need much storage 

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
Chrkeller said:

Art style has nothing to do with game size. It's all about resolution ans detailed assets and textures

Astrobot is 66 GB, and it's only a 12 hour game, this is probably where their next 3D Mario is going to. I can totally see next Zelda or Xenoblade going beyond that 

well thats of course considering Nintendo is actually making use of their hardware capabilities. If it's just Switch games in HD then they won't need much storage 

The Switch has what 32GB total?  I'm not expecting 66GB Nintendo first party games.

supposed image of the Switch 2 box 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah, that is my point.  I don't see via Nintendo's art style, many games having detailed textures.  

Astrobot is a ps5 game, the S2 isn't a ps5.  It will be more ps4 like.

I don't see games being 60+ gb.  Like at all.  Mario 3D will be 20 gb.  Heck Odyssey is 5 gb.  Nintendo isn't going from 5 gb to 60 gb.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

FWIW Ratchet & Clank went from 6-8 GB on the PS3 to 23 GB in 2016 on the PS4 and 35 GB in Rift Apart.

7500mts so 120GB a second. I was right

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!