By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

Random_Matt said:

Do people actually download switch games? I would only buy carts and therefore could not give a damn about a lot of storage.

I download smaller games and buy big Nintendo releases physical. But the vast majority of my switch games are downloaded and saved on the system.

Later in the lifecycle I bought most premium releases digitally as well. It is so convenient to have games on the system especially for a portable console.  

Around the Network
h2ohno said:

From what I'm seeing, the T239 specs are supposed to be 10 times greater than the Tegra X1 in the Switch, but that doesn't seem to be 100% confirmed. It is definitely a generational leap, which is what was really necessary. Switch 2 is going to be a beast. Hopefully they can keep the price down even with these specs. Ideally, it should be cheaper than the Steam Deck.

The Ampere CUDA cores in Orin and the Maxwell CUDA cores in Tegra are not counted in the same manner. Basically the former has doubled FP32 instructions and for some reason, Nvidia counts them twice even though the rest of the machinery was not doubled.

So 1536-2048 cores in the Switch 2 would be more comparable to 768-1024 cores in Switch 1 terms. Of course, there are also IPC improvements + higher clocks to account for in the former.

Zippy6 said:
Random_Matt said:

Do people actually download switch games? I would only buy carts and therefore could not give a damn about a lot of storage.

Do you think games are still going to run off slow carts on the next generation? I expect installations will be mandatory. I very much doubt we'll have Switch 2 games running off 60-100MB/s carts with other consoles using 2400MB/s and 5500MB/s SSD's, at the very least *some* games will require installing to faster storage.

I now only download digital off GOG, everyone else can take a hike. If Nintendo want to go full digital then bye, bye.

Random_Matt said:
Zippy6 said:

Do you think games are still going to run off slow carts on the next generation? I expect installations will be mandatory. I very much doubt we'll have Switch 2 games running off 60-100MB/s carts with other consoles using 2400MB/s and 5500MB/s SSD's, at the very least *some* games will require installing to faster storage.

I now only download digital off GOG, everyone else can take a hike. If Nintendo want to go full digital then bye, bye.

Not full digital, but like the PS4 (or even a few PS3/360 games) where you put the cartridge in and it installs from the cartridge to your internal storage. Basically just how physical PC games worked back in the day. That's what I expect it to be. So you'll have physical games, but you'll also need storage space to play them.

I would assume it has to be bigger for heat dissipation and larger battery. Doesn't matter to me, I play 99% docked. It will be a huge jump over the switch and day 1 for 1st party games is a no brainer. I would not personally go AAA third party, consoles will have a superior experience in comparison. A 2050 is a fair comparison, while the ps5 is more like a 2070 (ish, given the ps5 is AMD).

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
Random_Matt said:

Not full digital, but like the PS4 (or even a few PS3/360 games) where you put the cartridge in and it installs from the cartridge to your internal storage. Basically just how physical PC games worked back in the day. That's what I expect it to be. So you'll have physical games, but you'll also need storage space to play them.

Oh OK, that will be fine then.

G2ThaUNiT said:

If true, Nintendo REALLY didn’t want another Wii U situation. The size comparisons with the current Switch and leaked specs just screams “bigger and better”

Making a system that is--at first glance--almost indistinguishable is just as risky. Yes, I know the Switch was a smash success, but in the history of the home console market, only once has there been a scenario where a console succeeded to the levels of the Switch and was followed by an equally (or more) successful one (PS1 and PS2). All the other times, the successors either did okay (SNES), under-performed (PS3), or utterly failed altogether (Wii U). So playing it as safe as Nintendo appears to be playing it ensures nothing, honestly.   

Personally, if this is what the new system is, I'm a little disappointed. I have a Switch. I didn't want another one. I want something new, fresh and exciting. 

But hey, you can't please everyone (and I'll likely buy it anyway).

Random_Matt said:

Nintendo is a rip off in Brazil

Easily 99% of Switch games don't get physical editions here. And the ones that get are sold by 70 USD and are released many weeks later. I need to import them when I want a physical or buy on gray market, either way the prices from 80 to 90 USD. Your best option is wait a year and get a used copy 

Zippy6 said:
Random_Matt said:

The internal storage of the Switch 2 is 2100MB/s. There is no way games would be running off a standard SD Card. The Switch 2 is rumored use SD Express cards from Samsung. Those have a max speed of 985MB/s

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsungs-new-microsd-cards-bring-high-performance-and-capacity-for-the-new-era-in-mobile-computing-and-on-device-ai

No analog shoulder buttons is a bit of a letdown. More RAM instead of more storage is definitely better. I would put in a SD card anyway.