By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

If true, damn that things is big. I can squeeze the Switch into my pocket if I'm going on a quick trip where I'm not going to bring a bag, but not with this sucker. Not the end of the world, but I'd prefer something smaller myself.

Aside from that, nothing too interesting here. Hopefully has some exciting stuff on the software side.

Around the Network

wow thats......just the Switch again. Fair enough.

I'm ready for it!

Looks fine for me. Basically a Switch Pro

Anyone can give insight on its specs ?

My biggest question mark for this device is about games storage. Mandatory installs for physical? Probably. Normal SD cards too slow for running games off? Probably.

256gb won't last long and I'm not sure what the expansion option and pricing will be. Possibly this: https://news.samsung.com/global/samsungs-new-microsd-cards-bring-high-performance-and-capacity-for-the-new-era-in-mobile-computing-and-on-device-ai

"For the first time in the industry, Samsung introduced a new high-performance microSD card based on the SD Express interface. The development was the result of a successful collaboration with a customer to create a custom product."

SD cards with up to 800MB/s speeds. Would work well for Switch 2 games but could be expensive memory cards.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

wow thats......just the Switch again. Fair enough.

There's still a chance for a hidden functionality. Now just seeing the reveal trailer

We reap what we sow

IcaroRibeiro said:

Looks fine for me. Basically a Switch Pro

Anyone can give insight on its specs ?

Copied from Zippy6’s post earlier in the thread:

SoC: GMLX30-R-A1
Ram: 12gb LPDDR5X 7500MT/s  (MT62F768M64D4EK-026 (6GX2 dual channel, LPDDR5X, 7500 MT/s))
Storage: 256gb UFS 3.1, 2100MB/s  (THGJFGT1E45BAILHW0 manufactured by Kaixia)

Not sure if this is what you were looking for? I’m admittedly not informed at all when it comes to gaming system specs.

firebush03 said:

Ram: 12gb LPDDR5X 7500MT/s  (MT62F768M64D4EK-026 (6GX2 dual channel, LPDDR5X, 7500 MT/s))

Not sure if this is what you were looking for? I’m admittedly not informed at all when it comes to gaming system specs.

The only thing I understand in there is the Ram and storage.  I would be interested if someone knows how this compares to other hardware.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

It is a tegra T239 if anyone wondered. Would be even more powerful if it had Apple silicon, but oh well.

DroidKnight said:
firebush03 said:

The only thing I understand in there is the Ram and storage. Â I would be interested if someone knows how this compares to other hardware.

Previous comparisons have been to the RTX 2050 Mobile. Basically it's going to be a bit below the Series S. It does have more ram than the Series S though so that should help with ports.

It has the same memory speed as the ROG Ally X and the GPU is probably around that ballpark too. So for rough expectations something like that.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 18 September 2024