By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the price of Switch 2?

The Switch has proven further to Nintendo that they don't need notably powerful hardware to be immensely successful. We're talking the Switch having just 4GB of RAM compared to 16GB on current gen consoles. So I doubt they'll be going near handheld PCs that are pretty powerful that start around $500. I think $400 is the most Nintendo can properly get away with the power of at least a base PS4 on the go.

Around the Network

$999. A callback to the release date of SEGA final home console, the SEGA Dreamcast. (9.9.99)

…actually? im gonna spitball $450. Would be hard to sell it at the price of PS5 Disc Edition noting the graphical weaknesses the system will likely have in comparison.

At least £100 more expensive than the current Switch. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's more than that due to things like the relatively high inflation that's happened since it came out. A digital only model that's £100 more expensive and another one with a cartridge slot that's £50 more expensive than that is a reasonable expectation I'd say.

Going by US prices:

$350 - The ideal price.  Switch 2 will fly off the shelves at this price.

$400 - The more likely price that is still reasonable.

$500+ - The price I fear they'll choose and then find they made it too expensive.

$400, roughly the same price as the original Switch, N64, Wii, and Wii U after adjusting for inflation from their respective release year-months. Nintendo's console prices have tracked with inflation, with a few exceptions (GameCube was about $360 in 2024 dollars, SNES about $450 in 2024 dollars.) 

Last edited by sc94597 - on 11 September 2024

Around the Network

Lol, no people, Nintendo is not going for a Two SKU strategy between an all-digital Switch and one with the cartridge slot included.

Anywoo, I genuinely think their objective is to achieve the 400$ mark.
People have gotten their predictions warped because of Sony's showcase yesterday, but there's no way Nintendo will dramatically go from a 300$ hybrid console to a 500$ in the space of a generation.

This would be too prohibitive from most casual consummers that are important to the overall Switch userbase.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

No less than $400 if it's to be a good step up from the first Switch.

Mar1217 said:

Lol, no people, Nintendo is not going for a Two SKU strategy between an all-digital Switch and one with the cartridge slot included.

People have gotten their predictions warped because of Sony's showcase yesterday, but there's no way Nintendo will dramatically go from a 300$ hybrid console to a 500$ in the space of a generation.

This would be too prohibitive from most casual consummers that are important to the overall Switch userbase.

Why not? I don't think them doing that is guaranteed but I don't see much reason for them not to. For the price part that big of a jump would certainly be pushing it but I could see it being $449. The price in Japan is probably gonna have a big increase though.

Last edited by Norion - on 11 September 2024

£449 (consoles are now overpriced, pay or do not pay)
Although, it is Nintendo, they could probably charge the same as the PS5 Pro and their fan base would still buy it.

Mar1217 said:

Nvidia will charge Nintendo more.