By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

G2ThaUNiT said:
Kyuu said:

I still have no idea how much it'll cost in Australia lol.

I sure hope there's some sort of currency exchange that Sony eats up, because $700 US Dollars is a little over $1,000 Australian Dollars lol

And the actual price will be higher than what conversion rates suggest. We're fucked here.

Around the Network

I'm good. I don't need a PS5 Pro as I already have a PS5. Also, the Pro costs way too much! I get that it has more storage and a stronger GPU, but still!

The PS5 disc add-on jumped up to 5th on best sellers on Amazon.com and is now sold out... Lol.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I'm good. I don't need a PS5 Pro as I already have a PS5. Also, the Pro costs way too much! I get that it has more storage and a stronger GPU, but still!

But just think how good those PS4 games will look!!

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Zippy6 said:

The PS5 disc add-on jumped up to 5th on best sellers on Amazon.com and is now sold out... Lol.

I'd say the likelihood it's people that are looking to sell these at absurd markups is pretty high lol. Hope Sony can keep production high with the disc drives.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

But just think how good those PS4 games will look!!

Who cares about PS4 games!? Where's the new games (besides Astro Bot)!?

Soundwave said:

$699 for Americans isn't even that bad, lol, look at the Euro pricing 800 EUROs. LMAO.

US: $700 without tax.

Europe: Euro 800 with tax. Tax is roughly in the 15-20% range in EU countries, so without tax it is in the $600-640 range.

(It will actually be interesting to see the Swiss price, as taxes are only around 9% and $/SFr exchange rate is rock bottom currently. I can see Germans smuggling PS5Pros across the border...)

On a side note, with TLoU Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima, 2 PS4 that already have their own PS5 remasters, being shown off during the presentation, does this mean that Sony is lowkey remastering their remasters?

No, no, no. That is absolutely terrible, awful, unacceptable. I've never liked Microsoft and have had good experiences with Sony, at least for the most part, but Sony is really trying to screw its reputation. It's as if Sony is trying to lose as much goodwill as it possibly can. At this rate, I'll get a used PS5 when PS6 is out, but at that point, all interesting PS5 exclusives will be on PC for dirt cheap anyway, so why bother even then.

Soundwave said:
Spike0503 said:

700$ and no disc drive? Fuck off Sony.

You're never going to see a Sony console will a disc drive standard ever again, so you might as well say bye bye to that idea period. High chance PS5/Pro are even the last systems where it will be an option period. 

99% chance PlayStation is done with built-in disc drives from PS5 Pro onward. 

50% chance PS6 won't have a disc add-on. 

It's obvious Microsoft and Sony wanted no built-in disc drives (potentially even no add-ons) from the start of this generation. But they read the room and know they have to wait. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima