Resident Evil 105 15.13%

Spyro the Dragon 30 4.32%

Tekken 26 3.75%

Tomb Raider 38 5.48%

Tony Hawk 19 2.74%

Something Else 42 6.05%

Total:694
LegitHyperbole said:

I would have thought Metal Gear solid would win hands down, not just cause it's a great game but it's one that defined how the industry shaped itself for years after. It brought about cinematic story telling in games for better or worse and while often worse it just goes to show how ahead of itself it was.

Metal Gear Solid was a work of art on the PSX.

The interesting thing is that they did a PS2 remaster called Twin Snakes with updated graphics, and somehow made it look a lot worse. Less sharp and atmospheric - the chilling ice from the PSX looked like foam and steam on Twin Snakes.

IMO, graphical prowess of a console doesn’t necessarily make the games look or feel better. MGS is a good example of this.

It’s similar on FF games (and this is just my opinion, I don’t know how others feel), it wasn’t until the Pixel Remasters came out that updated graphics looked as good/better than the originals - and that was mainly because they didn’t try to update them, but make them look as similar as possible to the originals - fixing errors, blurs, artefacts, other problems that updated hardware and such might bring out. In other words, it looked like the NES/SNES if the NES/SNES were better versions of their own hardware (eliminating ghosting, flickering, and such created by the hardware limitations).

Now, I wish something like this was done for the original MGS. I think that would be excellent. Actually! Did they do that on the latest release? (the collection)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Best series going by the poll is Crash Bandicoot.

Best game going by me is MediEvil.

Game: Metal Gear Solid.
Series: Final Fantasy.

Boring mainstream opinion, I know.

What's less mainstream is that I consider PS1 the best console of all time, ahead of PS2 and SNES. God I love this console so much.

Zippy6 said:

CTR is my favourite game of all time.

The Crash and Spyro series on PS1 are it for me.

Great taste. Crash Team Racing is the only game I ever played that I consider "perfect" for what it is. Just so far ahead of its time it's crazy.

Grand Theft Auto 3 alone, made the PS2 better than PS1.

Around the Network

I'm surprised hardly anyone mentioned Gran Turismo. I spent hundreds of hours on both GT 1 and 2. I was in high school during PS1 and Gran Turismo made me a car nut

Kyuu said:

Game: Metal Gear Solid.
Series: Final Fantasy.

Boring mainstream opinion, I know.

What's less mainstream is that I consider PS1 the best console of all time, ahead of PS2 and SNES. God I love this console so much.

Most people consider the PS2 the best, but yeah, IMO the PS1 is the undisputed console king.

When you have a required login, this is what the results look like. Final Fantasy still has a hefty lead over the competition but Crash Bandicoot and Resident Evil swap spots. It's surprising just how few "something else" received. But looking at the IP's, I guess it makes sense that these are the most popular on the system. 

Castlevania53.03%
Crash Bandicoot3621.82%
Final Fantasy6036.36%
Metal Gear Solid74.24%
Resident Evil2112.73%
Spyro the Dragon31.82%
Tekken84.85%
Tomb Raider74.24%
Tony Hawk31.82%
Something Else159.09%
Total:165